Horizon's 1/6th Bram Stokers Dracula Amour Model Kit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uzumaki_1

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hello people just thought I'd share the model kit I bought off ebay and got it painted by Steve at AfterDarkModels.com. He really has done a fantastic job on this one. Its my first vinyl model kit so I was nervous of how it would turn out but its surpassed my expectations. I've seen a lot of these kits online since I bought it and I can say that this paint app blows the rest out of the water and the paint app actually brings out the gary oldman look. Should be uploading more pics soon !!!

Anyone in UK needs model kits painted then go to this guy, you won't be disappointed. Once I get the model i'll be taking more pics and might do a HD video up on youtube !!!!

ke7x2a.jpg

one more picture....i really can't believe how well this has turned out. The base and plaque really does top it off !!!

2dufa53.jpg

Yeah, that turned out great. I've been trying to use that same kit to make a posable version. I like how he drilled out the eyes on the helmet for display purposes. And that stand rocks.

Got this through the post today and I must say it looks ******king sweet !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Some photos to show off the work:

t62c10.jpg

2m5l10m.jpg

aw9u7q.jpg

jzy6w3.jpg

2rd9ggj.jpg

Last edited:
Got this through the post today and I must say it looks ******king sweet !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Some photos to show off the work:

t62c10.jpg

2m5l10m.jpg

aw9u7q.jpg

jzy6w3.jpg

2rd9ggj.jpg

Amazing...where do i get one of those? Does it look good next to a Hot Toys? Tks :clap

Model kits started it all.... I remember how model kits were so popular. It is fun to put one together and give it life by painting it.

Amazing...where do i get one of those? Does it look good next to a Hot Toys? Tks :clap

Got the model off ebay for £50 and got it painted by a guy called "Steve" from Afterdarkmodels.com. Cannot recommend him enough !!! Also I think it looks a bit better than the hot toys figures but thats only because its a model kit and therefore no proportions need to be changed for articulation. Plus it was all hand painted with time and effort so the end result is a bit more better than hot toys !

Model kits started it all.... I remember how model kits were so popular. It is fun to put one together and give it life by painting it.

I agree with you about giving life to the model by the paint app (even though I never put it together and painted it). It's one of the most important things about making a figure/model look realistic. Someone like Sideshow need to start doing better paint jobs cause their sculpts are fantastic.

You wanna talk about a toy line I wish Hot Toys would take up? This is a big one. I want old, young, and armored Dracs!!! AND a Tony Hopkins Van Helsing!!

You wanna talk about a toy line I wish Hot Toys would take up? This is a big one. I want old, young, and armored Dracs!!! AND a Tony Hopkins Van Helsing!!

Add a DeNiro Monster and a Branagh Frankenstein and you've got the start of a great contemporary line of classic monsters.

Beautifully executed paint apps. Just goes to show how amazing Horizon's model kits were. Their sculpt work was unparalleled. Particular favourites of mine was their Marvel roster and Robocop figures...

Finally was able to pick one up.. for a good price.

I really like the custom base and name plate. the Armor colors are dead
on.. Live the skin tones..

Well done indeed on a great kit.

Tom

Great job! I used to love this kit. I had it, but never found time to finish it since I had all these grand ideas of reposing and customizing it. the project got too big for me to even begin. This kit has a great Oldman likeness as well.

Your armor and base really look awesome.:clap

Back