Hooper's Bib Fortuna AND Jabba Re-paint (Jabba in post 9)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hooper

Freakalicious
Reaction score
I LOVE my Jabba set, but as you can imagine now with the Hot Toys quality of paint jobs, the Bib Fortuna leaves A TON to be desired.

I got sick of looking at his pasty, pale plastic look and gave him a little life.

I hope you enjoy. Comments and tips welcome. This is my first repaint, but I think I may have to do Jabba one of these days too.

j9u4HNX.jpg

J1cdZjb.jpg

TWFKyIv.jpg

YOcXJzU.jpg

cFUW0gE.jpg

sMXQrYW.jpg

C6WXYlf.jpg

OuKw35D.jpg

Re: Hooper's Bib Fortuna Re-paint

That looks really nice, well done.

Looking forward to seeing more of your work, good stuff.

Great job. I just last week repainted his eyes to be less yellow and more red and that alone helps.

That's a great repaint. Looks far more "alive" than the stock paint job. Great work.

Thanks guys. Here is a side by side for anyone who isn't familiar with the original paint job.

dsxgsdfg.JPG

Nicely done Hooper! You gave Bib a huge improvement and brought his character to life.

Had some time to kill so I took my first crack at Jabba tonight

BCCba5r.jpg

bSjr5H0.jpg

HcMFhNC.jpg

Feedback is very much welcome

Had some time to kill so I took my first crack at Jabba tonight

BCCba5r.jpg

bSjr5H0.jpg

HcMFhNC.jpg

Feedback is very much welcome

I like the detail but he doesn't quite seem orange enough yet. I'm looking at doing this with mine, so interested to watch!

Are you planning to do more of the body or just upper torso? And will you be redoing the eyes also? I've seen some repaints where the repaint on the eyes brings in movie Jabba more than the skin color.

Thanks for pointing out the orange tint. I did some very light tones at the end but still need to bump it up.

I added a little darker detail to the eyes, but nothing major. I'm deathly planning to go back in there and put in a little more detail.

I don't think I'm going to touch the lower body anytime soon. I did a few things in the middle area but for the most part I thought might actually had a pretty solid paint job compared to the upper torso.

729814-rotj030.jpg

This was the main photo I was using to try to match the color palette to. It was pretty much the clearest photo I can find of his upper torso and head.

I definitely see what you mean about putting in a little more orange. I might just go very lightly on there so it stands out better but not go crazy.

I just took this photo to show how the color matched the rest of his body. I know he is not perfect, but I think for now I will hold off. I'd hate to get right back in there and actually make it worse.

iDEGBzk.jpg

Back