HOOK

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

collectamania

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hey guys, so i was channel surfing the other day when i saw that Hook was on and i got chills. I remember watching this as a kid and aparently i used to watch it everyday and sometimes twice...how i never got bored of it i don't know. And now being 17 when i watched it i felt like i was 6 again x-D i was just wondering if there was any memorobillia or anything going around? If you have any customs or anything please post pics thanks.

There was a small line og Kenner action figures, and some random Disneyana, but nothing really collectible beyond the poster, which is another brilliant Drew Struzan work.

I would LOVE to see some good 12" figures based on either HOOK or the 2003 Peter Pan (with Jason Isaacs as Hook).

The Dustin Hoffman Captain James Hook would most definitely be a figure I would purchase.

There are certain movies when viewed in youth carry a certain nostalgia quality that resonates as you get older... regardless of quality.

Hook doesn't blow any harder than original Battlestar Galactica TV series, Legend, Clash of the Titans, the Last Star Fighter, Tron, Goonies, any of the Planet of the Apes or Highlander sequels. But I bet you can find a Freak Board Member that saw any one of the films in their youth and it totally changed their life.

Am I leaving any films out? Please post any ones I left out.

Of course, you can probably figure out which bad films resonate with me. :monkey3:monkey3:monkey3

Rufio! Rufio! ruuufiiooooooooooh!! this movie sucks!!..especially that part of the movie.
rufio.jpg

Weren't they supposed to make a sequel to this a while back with Rufio? I could be wrong.

Fun fact: Glen Close played the "Boo Box" pirate! How weird is that?

Weren't they supposed to make a sequel to this a while back with Rufio? I could be wrong.

Fun fact: Glen Close played the "Boo Box" pirate! How weird is that?

I looked this up on IMDB, and couldn't find it, but I did see that Carie Fisher and George Lucas are credited as two people kissing on a bridge. Weird.

There are certain movies when viewed in youth carry a certain nostalgia quality that resonates as you get older... regardless of quality.

Hook doesn't blow any harder than original Battlestar Galactica TV series, Legend, Clash of the Titans, the Last Star Fighter, Tron, Goonies, any of the Planet of the Apes or Highlander sequels. But I bet you can find a Freak Board Member that saw any one of the films in their youth and it totally changed their life.

:lol

So true.

Yeah, you left out Transformers. Oh wait, got wait a decade or so.

I forgot to add all of those Halloween, Friday trhe 13th, and Nightmare on Elm Street sequels. That whole splatter movement is completely lost on me.

Now we have fans buying $300 PFs on those guys. :rolleyes:

To each is own. :peace

After watching the Syfy tv flick Neverland i wanted to check this movie out, I was A HUGE fan of this when i was a kid, i watched it dozens of times and loved it. Having not scene it in years i watched it again and wow, its Nostalgic, and i still love it today, The flying sequences are fantastic, im blown away by that, the music is outstanding, great production value and i really like the story! Critics flopped this movie and idk why, having a post future peter pan movie and making it fun and exciting is somthing that seems challenging to do, i never read the original book but this movie is somthing thats close to my heart, im glad i got to see it again.

The poster by drew is awesome, i wish he did more movie posters now a days.

Back