Home Theater thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CyberVillain

Super Freak
Reaction score
I searched and didn't find one, so please moderators if one exists, please merge.

Movies are ment to be projected on a screen. Show me your theatres!

This is my theater. 97" @ 16:9.
bild

The sweet spot
bild

The movie collection (My collectibles now share this space) my girlfriend made the curtain for the door, its really thick and also helps with acoustics.
bild

Image source, a HTPC with blu-ray (Sadly the chassi tray says DVD)
bild

Screenshot, not edited. The screen is a bit crinkly in this shot, but after a few minutes it straights out. However this screen has been used for ages and its high time to get a new one. The Mitsubishi DLP projector really deserves a better screen.
bild

More pics of my Theatre and home
https://www.minhembio.com/CyberVillain

Nice set-up. I really need to take some pics of mine.

Nice picture you have there.

I like that chassis for your HTPC.

Could you give me some specs as I am currently working on making one for my theater.

Thanks.

Nice set-up. I really need to take some pics of mine.

Nice picture you have there.

I like that chassis for your HTPC.

Could you give me some specs as I am currently working on making one for my theater.

Thanks.
Thanks dude!

The Chassi is from a korean company called OrigenAE, i've upgraded the chassi to a OrigenAE H6 since that picture was taken.

https://www.origenae.co.kr/en/htpc_h6.htm

The difference is that it takes full size ATX power supplies which makes the HTPC run more silent.

The hardware is nothing special, its my old game rig. A C2D Q6600.

If youre going to build one, remember to use big fans (More silent) and to use silent disks (Only use one disk or preferable dont use physical disks at all)

Good luck, if you have more questions i'm happy to answer, i've been configuring HTPC's since early 2000, back then there was no front ends so you had to code them yourself.

Nice setup, but where is the Projector? ;)

We have a popular site in Sweden for showing off your Home Cinema, sometimes you see rigs like that and the image viewer is a 40 inch TV. Thats not Home Cinema ;)

To me image quality is alot more important then Sound. But it would be nice with a nice system with satellite speakers, but good quality satellites are ultra expensive :/

Thanks dude!

The Chassi is from a korean company called OrigenAE, i've upgraded the chassi to a OrigenAE H6 since that picture was taken.

https://www.origenae.co.kr/en/htpc_h6.htm

The difference is that it takes full size ATX power supplies which makes the HTPC run more silent.

The hardware is nothing special, its my old game rig. A C2D Q6600.

If youre going to build one, remember to use big fans (More silent) and to use silent disks (Only use one disk or preferable dont use physical disks at all)

Good luck, if you have more questions i'm happy to answer, i've been configuring HTPC's since early 2000, back then there was no front ends so you had to code them yourself.

Is that chassis available in the states ? How much does it run ?

Until I saw your chassis, I was thinking of the following. Do you mind telling me what you think ?

Antec Black Aluminum / Steel Fusion Remote Black Micro ATX Media Center / HTPC Case - Retail

GIGABYTE GA-MA785GMT-UD2H AM3 AMD 785G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

or

GIGABYTE GA-P55M-UD4 LGA 1156 Intel P55 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard

GIGABYTE GV-R545SC-1GI Radeon HD 5450 (Cedar) 1GB 64-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card

Intel Core i7-860 Lynnfield 2.8GHz LGA 1156 95W Quad-Core Processor Model BX80605I7860

ENERMAX MODU82+ EMD625AWT 625W ATX12V Ver.2.3 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Compatible w/Core i7 Modular

G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ

XIGMATEK Intel Core i7 compatible Dark Knight-S1283V 120mm Long Life Bearing CPU Cooler

:confused:

Nice setup, but where is the Projector? ;)

We have a popular site in Sweden for showing off your Home Cinema, sometimes you see rigs like that and the image viewer is a 40 inch TV. Thats not Home Cinema ;)

To me image quality is alot more important then Sound. But it would be nice with a nice system with satellite speakers, but good quality satellites are ultra expensive :/

The projector is the white thing on the top shelf directly behind the couch. That sound system will give you a concussion at full volume...

Good idea for a thread. I'm going to upgrade my system with a flat screen soon - unfortunately I just don't have the ideal situation for a projector.

Is that chassis available in the states ? How much does it run ?

If its available in my little country its sure to be in yours. ;)

At the time I bought it it costed around 3500 SEK which is about 500 dollars.

I have a I7 920 @ 4.0 in my gaming rig, it runs pretty hot even with watercooling. Maybe a Core Duo is a better choice?

Antec makes quality chassis, you will not be disappointed with its build design, but i think their HTPC chassis are pretty boring.

I dont know anyhing about that PSU, runs silent? I think the Corsair PSU's are really silent and cool running.

Guys, dont forget that this is a Photo thread!

Love this thread. I always adore looking at other people's good home cinema setups. Having my own personal cinema is something I've allllways wanted, and I hope one day to be able to dedicate a room to nothing but seats, a screen and movies. Some of the home setups you see are incredible!!

That one's nice, but this one is just impressive.

bat-cave-home-theater.jpg

I remember when this one was being built the Update pics were something else.

If its available in my little country its sure to be in yours. ;)

At the time I bought it it costed around 3500 SEK which is about 500 dollars.

I have a I7 920 @ 4.0 in my gaming rig, it runs pretty hot even with watercooling. Maybe a Core Duo is a better choice?

Antec makes quality chassis, you will not be disappointed with its build design, but i think their HTPC chassis are pretty boring.

I dont know anyhing about that PSU, runs silent? I think the Corsair PSU's are really silent and cool running.

Guys, dont forget that this is a Photo thread!

Thanks bud, I will look into it.

I wish I wasn't too lazy to look up photos of the home theatre room styled like Palpatine's office - it's pretty sweet!

I have just set up my home theater and hung myFlat Screen on the wall, currently the wall is beige. Should I paint it a dark color?

You don't have to, but with the LCD's you tend to have backlight issues and the darker color is much better. IMHO.

I have just set up my home theater and hung myFlat Screen on the wall, currently the wall is beige. Should I paint it a dark color?

i would, but that's just personal preference. my wife and i painted our home theater room in 2 different shades... the main walls that surround the tv are a dark charcoal while the other walls in the room are a dark slate gray.

we're also going to paint the ceiling a shade in between those 2. then add crown molding.

makes it look cool, and focus on the picture in the dark.

Back