Hollywood's Customs Update 3/8/13

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hollywood's Customs

excellent job! Did I notice that you got a new helmet? If so may i ask what type?

The helmet on the Scout is a cast of a Tomy Mini Helmet. The Hasbro helmet is too large/ cartoony.

I did the same for the AT AT Driver only its not a cast. Pictures coming soon.

Re: Hollywood's Customs (ATAT Update Last Page)

Here are some progress photos of my AT AT Driver.

Dragon Body/ head
Tomy Helmet
Hasbro Suit/ Straps, Boots, Hoses
Gloves are closed fist from V For Vendetta

I scalped the figure to get his head to fit. Added pegs into the gloves to attach to the arms. Painted the boots/ gloves an off white color (still drying and is a pain in the ass sticky by the way!)

Once the items dry, I will add the white balaclava, do some subtle weathering, then bamo! Done.

Let me know what you think.

DSCN4928.jpg

DSCN4929.jpg

DSCN4931.jpg

DSCN4932.jpg

coming along well, personally I don't like the Tomy ATAT helm, the details are nice but the size and overall sculpt are just off, better to find a marmit to cast or put on there

The helmet is a shade smaller I agree, but the details are nicely done. Once the figure is completed, I might change to a Marmit. Have to see.

That looks great so far. I agree that the Tomy helmet is small, but a suitable stand in until you can track down a Marmit.

I did one a few years back with a Tomy helmet and was fine with it. If you are happy with it, thats all that matters. Nice job!!

That looks great so far. I agree that the Tomy helmet is small, but a suitable stand in until you can track down a Marmit.

I did one a few years back with a Tomy helmet and was fine with it. If you are happy with it, thats all that matters. Nice job!!

Thanks. In all honesty it's not that small. Simply just not as bulbous as the film version. Still......... I may track down the Marmit just incase.

Thanks. In all honesty it's not that small. Simply just not as bulbous as the film version. Still......... I may track down the Marmit just incase.

Exactly, the ATAT helmets are just enormous. As I said, it looks good to me. :)

Hey Hollywood,
First... Excellent job again. Your scout and now this has inspired me to do my first Real customizations. I assume you had to shave the figure head to get the helmet on. Is it possible to get a photo of that?

Great job. Keep up the good work

Yeah I pretty much had to cut the head right above the brow, and cut the ears off too. I can snap a few photos once the paint is fully cured, no problem.

Thanks. I would appreciate it. Do you like the head to body ratio of the final figure? In the pictures it looks very very good.

I don't mind it at all. As a matter of fact a couple collector friends of mine came over last night, and thought it looked great. The difference in the helmet to body was not noticeable.

Now that being said a more "screen accurate" look would have a slightly larger helmet.

Hollywood's Customs (Bosk Update Last Page)

OK guys........I finished customizing Bosk.

Originally this was a Hasbro figure. Below is what I changed:

Body: Dragon
Head, hands, feet: Re-painted by me.
Suit: Hasbro, weathered/ altered by me.
Blaster: Hasbro, weathered by me.

Essentially I had to cut the arms, and feet off the Hasbro, sand them down, then cut the corresponding areas of the Dragon body, do the same then glue/ fill.

Re tailored the chest bib, added some shoulder pieces, then paint. Give you me your thoughts. Too these pics this morning, so they are a bit rough. And the photos don't show the subtle details. Oh well....Enjoy.

IMG_1463.jpg

IMG_8577.jpg

IMG_8428.jpg

IMG_1664.jpg

Your welcome. Total investment into this build was 10.00. I wish I could get all the subtle details to show. Have you started a Bosk yet?

Looks great man, especially for what you have invested in it. Great job!

I did the same thing a while back with my Hasbro version. Later, I picked up the GG Bossk bust and upgraded using its arms and head. For the price, cant beat either mod.

Looks great man, especially for what you have invested in it. Great job!

I did the same thing a while back with my Hasbro version. Later, I picked up the GG Bossk bust and upgraded using its arms and head. For the price, cant beat either mod.

I would love to see your before/ after photos if you have any.

Your welcome. Total investment into this build was 10.00. I wish I could get all the subtle details to show. Have you started a Bosk yet?

Great investment. :clap

Not yet, but I have more than one Sideshow Bossk on order :monkey4. Last night I finished up my custom Pote Sniken (or his cousin) and am setting up a photo shoot today.

Back