Prop Hollywood Collectibles: T2 Endo-Arm Replica (DISAPPOINTED)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PowermanX4

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
I just got my Hollywood Collectibles T2 Endo-Arm today in the mail, and I have to say I'm very disappointed. The goods, it looks cool sitting on a shelf with the LED on, but that's about it. The bads, it's was cheaply built and I received it damaged. First the information plate on the front of the base feel off before I got the box open, they used cheap glue. Second they used a sharpie to write in my production number on the bottom of the base, even though the rest of the writing is neatly engraved. Third a random piece of the arm fell off when I gently took it out of it's protective packaging, I don't even know where it fell off of.

This thing cost $832.00 dollars after shipping, for that kind of money I expect this thing to me flawless, especially when it's only purpose is to sit on a shelf and look pretty. Granted I can fix the info plate no problem, but I shouldn't have too, the thing is $832.00 dollars! The sharpie used for the production number to me is simply lazy, but they have time to engrave everything else? And the piece that fell off, again no excuse. The item took me a half hour to open, it was very well protected, so no reason for it to fall off.

$832.00 dollars is a lot of money for anything, especially for a movie prop. In my eyes this is unacceptable, and I feel ripped off. Not sure if I'm going to request a new one, or just outright return it and get my money back.

imag0157yb.jpg

imag0158wt.jpg

imag0159nv.jpg

imag0164br.jpg

imag0166n.jpg

Sorry to hear about your trouble, hope you get it fixed one way or another. Still many collectibles have the edition number written by hand.

Already a thread for this on page 1.
Your lucky you can read the number. Sometimes I can't.
Return it and get another and see what they say. Did you order direct from HCG?
I worry about glue when stuff ships in extreme temps but I have to imagine the warehouses and boats the stuff passes through isn't always room temperature and the glue is affected.

Last edited:
I get the glue issue although that shouldn't be something you should have to deal with but everything else....that's unacceptable. For a buck fifty less than a grand you should get a gorgeous, perfect arm. Doesn't mean I won't buy from them in the future but this is discouraging. Please let us know if you bought it direct and if so, I'd love to know if they stood up and rectified the problem. Oh, and personally, I have no qualms with a handwritten edition number....but that's just me. I wish you the best of luck!

Last edited:
Hopefully you get it worked out.

I don't recall ever hearing many positive posts about HCG products. Good thing they don't make anything I need to buy. :dunno

Urk, finally someone who makes me secondguess if I should order this or not :p

You say its cheaply built, but does it look cheap? I kinda need a 1:1 endoarm to finish my terminatordisplay.

Urk, finally someone who makes me secondguess if I should order this or not :p

You say its cheaply built, but does it look cheap? I kinda need a 1:1 endoarm to finish my terminatordisplay.

Dude is complaining the number is written with a sharpie. How can you give this guy's opinion anything beyond a first glance?

Because that thing will cost me a bit more then 1000$ with shipping and taxes, and that makes me nervous ^^

I got mine and it came to me without an issue, actually this is the first issue that I have seen with this piece. The handwritten number complaint is stupid I dont think I own a statue who's number wasn't written in by hand.

That's really disappointing to hear. I was really looking forward to this piece. I don't mind the hand written ES but if it's faint apart upon arrival I'd be pretty pissed especially at the amount of money we're forking over.

I received it and I'm happy with it. Mine came without any issues. It looks really great and I love the plexiglass cylinder, but I have to say, the arm does not have that "metal" cold to the touch feel that, for example, my Icons Endoskull has. Still, I love it.

I received it and I'm happy with it. Mine came without any issues. It looks really great and I love the plexiglass cylinder, but I have to say, the arm does not have that "metal" cold to the touch feel that, for example, my Icons Endoskull has. Still, I love it.

Don't touch it. :lol
Won't have to worry about cleaning away that finger print.

I wasn't aware that the hand written production number was a normal practice, so I can live with that. The metal placard that fell off isn't really an issue, I can fix that no problem. As for the piece that broke off, I can even find where it fell off from, so it probably isn't that importent. Dispite these little issues, I still enjoy the piece, but then again it almost cost a grand! With that price give me a real glass cilinder cover just like the movie, not a cheap plastic one.

For someone that started a new thread just to complain you don't think it's an important issue that a piece broke off that you have no idea where it came on an item that cost $750 (not a grand for me, i get it for $750) ??? Personally I would think it was kinda important and would contact HCG.

Glass tube would have been nice but I'm glad to get a cylinder this time around.
Last time this was produced by sideshow I think there was problems at the cylinder factory and they decided to just make them without it IIRC

Last edited:
The piece you are talking about goes on one of the fingers I believe. Look carefully and you'll see. It isn't actually "broken" but the ends are not attached with strong glue so force of impact during shipping sometimes will jostle it loose.

My Sideshow one came with 3 or 4 pistons that came off but none of them were cracked or damaged, you just gentlely attach them again.

The plate can easily be reglued.

And as has been mentioned most collectibles have the number handwritten to give you that illusion of "exclusivity" and a "personal touch"

A glass cylinder of that size would significantly increase the cost of damage during shipping and also increase the weight by quite a bit as well. I'm quite satisfied with the acrylic personally.

Back