Hitchcock - Formerly known as Alfred Hitchcock and The Making of Psycho

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IronFingaz

GO CELTICS!!!
Reaction score
More than one actor has played legendary director Alfred Hitchcock through the years. But now comes someone who brings years of experience playing real people and some Oscar-winning talent to boot, as we get our first look at Anthony Hopkins as the man himself in Sacha Gervasi’s Hitchcock.

Take a gander at the picture side by side with a shot of the original Hitch for comparison. You can also click on the Hopkins-as-Hitchcock pic to be taken to a bigger version over at People’s site.

Anvil! The Story Of Anvil director Gervasi started the cameras rolling last Friday. Formerly titled Alfred Hitchcock And The Making Of Psycho, it charts the director's struggle to get the iconic slasher made when everyone else considered it beneath him.

Joining Hopkins are Helen Mirren as wife Alma, Scarlett Johansson as Psycho star Janet Leigh, James D’Arcy as Anthony Perkins, Jessica Biel as Vera Miles and Wallace Langham as designer Saul Bass. The most recent name to be added to the cast list is the former Karate Kid, Ralph Macchio, who will play the movie's writer, Joe Stefano.

Hitchcock should arrive next year, but the picture certainly bodes well so far. What say you lot?

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0975645/

hitchcock-300.jpg
hitchcock-2-240.jpg

scarlett-johansson-300.jpg

Last edited:
I never would have guessed that was Anthony Hopkins. I very much look forward to seeing this. Scarlett Johansson seems like a strange choice for Janet Leigh though.

I saw the Hitchcock picture of Anthony Hopkins this morning and immediately thought of you, IronFingaz. I guess cause your avatar on Twitter is the man himself. LOL!

Looks interesting. Hopkins looks great and the actor who is playing Anthony Perkins looks pretty good too but I agree with TheObsoleteMan that Johansson is an odd choice of Janet Leigh. I also think Jessica Biel as Vera Miles is a strange choice too.

Alfred Hitchcock was in my opinion the best director to ever live. I Can't for this film, but i also dont know why they hired scarlett. She just does not look like janet leigh

"Hitchcock" is joining the Oscar hunt.

Fox Searchlight said it will release the biopic about the master of the macabre on Nov. 23, 2012, right in the heart of awards season.

The film stars Anthony Hopkins as the rotund and brilliant director Alfred Hitchcock and Helen Mirren as his wife, Alma. In a bit of casting that is sure to be a hit with the gentlemen, Scarlett Johansson will reenact the famous shower scene as "Psycho" star Janet Leigh. Rounding out the Oscar-bait cast are such critical favorites as Danny Huston, Toni Collette and Michael Stuhlbarg.

That could be important because Fox Searchlight had been light on top awards contenders thus far, with "Beasts of the Southern Wild," "Best Exotic Marigold Hotel" and the "The Sessions" seen as its strongest candidates. Of these, the brilliant but challenging "Beasts" probably has the best chance, while "The Sessions" is most likely to have the best chance of edging into the acting category. If "Hitchcock" is good, it gives the company more presence in the Oscar race, where they usually have good success.

Also read: Benh Zeitlin on 'Beasts of the Southern Wild': 'We Want to Create New Myths'

"Hitchcock" does boast a plot drawn from one of Hollywood's favorite subjects -- itself (see: "The Artist"). It will offer a behind-the-scenes look at the making of 1960 horror classic "Psycho," showing how the mercurial director cooked up the thrills and chills behind the story of a motelier who is a little bit ... off. It is based on Stephen Rebello's book "Alfred Hitchcock and the Making of Psycho," which traced the film's development, creation and popular reception.

Sacha Gervasi ("Anvil! The Story of Anvil") directed from a script by John McLaughlin ("Black Swan").

"Hitchcock" will open in limited release two days after the debuts of two other Oscar-contenders, David O. Russell's comedy "Silver Linings Playbook" and Ang Lee's adaptation of the bestseller "Life of Pi," as well as the animated film "Rise of the Guardians."

Hitchcock-250x370.jpg

Hopkins looks creepy there, in a good way. It's like a waxwork.

Hitchcock is one of my favourite directors, I can't wait to see this and receive my Hitchcock blu ray collection!

So Hopkins's double chin has gotta be makeup, right?
Or did he really method so hard that he porked up that much? :horror

Everybody, shut your faces! I heard that Scarlett will be topless!

So?
You realize that without a bra she looks like two tennis balls dropped in a pair of tube socks, right?
Nat Geo ta-tas, bro! :wink1:

So Hopkins's double chin has gotta be makeup, right?
Or did he really method so hard that he porked up that much? :horror

So?
You realize that without a bra she looks like two tennis balls dropped in a pair of tube socks, right?
Nat Geo ta-tas, bro! :wink1:

You realize that you're responding to a post that's 6 months old, right? :lol

Back