Highlanders at home!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: conner

Mine arrived today as expected (both of them) and they're great. I'll probably have pics and some thoughts on them to post later.

Re: Highlander(s)

Got both today --

Connor: Face sculpt is excellent IMHO (lack of stubble aside), really captures the character. Outfit is fantastic -- Sideshow keeps getting better with tailoring trenchcoats -- maybe its the material or just the design, but it fits better than CSM or Doggett's, even with the bomber jacket underneath. The jeans are a great piece as well, the detailing is amazing, even have the piping along the seams. His runners are even made to look worn ala Willow's. The katana was executed rather well, handle has some great detail work and looks appropriately antiquey. Kurgan head is not a very good likeness, but looks cool at Connor's feet!

Duncan: Another great sculpt -- I was kinda worried cause he's kinda "sleepy-eyed" like Faith/ Eliza, but it came off great in this instance -- he does have that purplish gunk on his upper lids like Mulder, but since his eyes are more deep set it isn't as obtrusive and doesn't detract from the likeness. His ponytail is sculpted at a bit of an angle and doesn't impact poseability at all. The face on mine below the cheekbones seems to have a slightly darker tone than the rest of the face, nothing amazingly noticeable (anyone else notice this?) or even detracting, but did make me go huh? when I looked at him up close. Outfit is good overall -- his signature black trench (another great bit of tailoring -- I think the thinner material was a great choice as it hangs quite well on the figure), black pants (suffer a bit from the old man waist thing) and red shirt (looks a bit like Spike's, but has the long sleeves) and black cowbowish boots (wish they used these for Earp & Doc :p ) Katana is similar to Connor's but with a different handle. Claymore is cool, but kinda plain looking (wish they'd have done something more intricate with the grip, but ah well). Watchers book thing is done well -- looks appropriately aged and such (I gave it to Willow -- looks kinda reasearchy).

I'm really happy with both -- Connor turned out better than I thought he would based on the web pics and Duncan is a dead on likeness -- they look great together on the shelf! Wish I had a digital camera to post pics, but. . .

Re: Highlander(s)

Mine arrived today, one each of the modern exclusives. I could only find 2 complaints, both on Conner, both minor. The front of his jeans needed a 2nd snap, and the Kurgan's head is just strange. As I said, minor problems- my wife has already fixed Conner's jeans. As to the Kurgan's head... the boys can play 'head-hockey' with it. All in all, I'm quite pleased with them both. Hope they do Ramirez next...PS

pics

Here's a few pics I took a little while ago. I'd have some more to show, but Photobucket is acting twitchy. Hopefully this'll be enough to tide anyone wanting to see some pics over for a bit.

My camera's flash isn't doing these guys any favors. Maybe tommorrow I'll take some real pics under natural light, as well as attempting a more formal review.

Pics:

1d281cc0.jpg

87398a3b.jpg

h3.jpg

h4.jpg

Re: pics

Awesome I cant wait to get mine. I ordered Duncan from another online store, mainly because it was much cheaper and I don't care about the exclusive.

Nice pics, I can't wait to get my Duncan.
I need Methos, Amanda, Joe and Richie
and I will be happy.

For fans of the show...is every season important to watch or should I jsut get the really good seasons. I bought season one and I like it very much. Is there a really amazing season I should be getting?

I don't recall any "amazing" seasons, but the early ones (pre-Methos) were the best IMO.

Seasons....

I have all the seasons and they are all good fo different reasons!

Come on....Methos is a cool character!

Seasons 4,5 and 6 are real good!

3 is decent too.

1 and 2 are more transition seasons from the film series to the beginning of a new show and trying to rev up a new series! Connor was in the first episode....Sans his Ramirez Katana though! :dunno

I liked the Watchers. I thought it was a good idea.

I am just glad that they are going to be releasing a new Trilogy!
Highlander: The Source.

Three more chances to buy MORE STUFF!!!! Great!

Re: Seasons....

Ok, after having and staring at the Conner fig for a couple days I did find a few things wrong. Nothing big mind you, just movie accurate mistakes, and I'm a big stickler for the detail. I rewatched the original Highlander to see if Conner ever had a light blue shirt on.....nope. On the box art for the immortal edition DVD it is colored light blue for some reason, so I'm assuming the blue shirt came from there. Lambert wore gloves in every scene he held a sword as Russel Nash (modern Conner). No facial stubble, I know some say that it doesn't work in 1/6 scale, but for me the character just doesn't have that immortal world weary look without it. The figure is still at least a 8 or 9 out of 10 in my books, just to see someone pull off a succesful Lambert fig that looks like him. Just some very minor, things that can be fixed by anyone who wishes to, or not.
conner.jpg

Back