High Quality Backdrops?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TotalDominAsian

Super Freak
Reaction score
I personally think having a backdrop makes for a huge difference in presentation, especially in detolfs. Problem is the odd sizing required to get them to fit properly, and another problem is that they need to be fairly rigid. The ones that come with Hot Toys are great, but they never fit a detolf.

My question is... how do they make these backdrops? Is there some special cardboard they print on? Some special printer that can print in high detail and on this cardboard? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Any idea as to what kind of printer, etc. would work best? I may get some from them, but if I'm going to make a lot of backdrops, would be smarter to just get my own setup for a lifelong hobby!

I would imagine the printer would set you back quite a bit if you want a high quality print with high resolution and accurate colours. We have printers like this at work (I work in advertising) and they cost thousands. The print would need to be done on A2 paper, as A3 isn't big enough. No need to print directly onto cardboard, just print on high quality paper and use spray adhesive to stick onto some foam board.

I think the bigger problem you'll have is trying to find suitable images at a high enough resolution. I've been wanting to make some diorama back-drops for ages for my figures, but I just can't find suitable images at a resolution that's high enough.

Back