• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

High end custom display pedestals ** NOW WITH PICS **

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mitch

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hey all.

I am re-formatting my collection & I have some of the custom display pedestals that I used.

There are many different types including the standard 30" to 36" tall slender pedestals that are ideal for PF's, Bowens & LSB's & even some 1:1's. Then there are the larger, wider ones w/ a "plater" at the top that are ideal for things like larger 1:1's, Studio Scale pieces & cinemaquetts.

Construction is high quality consisting of HDF (high density fiberboard), MDF (Medium Density Fiberboard) & plywood. all pedastal are finished in a commercial grade faux wood laminate for added stability & toughness. Real wood (laminate) was not used due to the complications & finickyness that it can bring about.

There are "standard" versions that will be available that are finished the same throughout & then there will be "premium" versions that have a square cutout at the top w/ an inlaid piece that gives the pedestal an even nicer, higher quality look all while accentuating the piece that is being displayed atop of it. Note that all the larger ones have premium tops & some (all sizes) have small cutouts and are ready for pieces that have electrical features that are powered via A/C adapter.

Pictures can be found here:

https://s597.photobucket.com/user/mitchshea1/library/Pedestals?page=1

Standard size: They measure 12 & 1/8" by 12 & 1/8" & have heights that range from 31 & 1/8" hight to 42 & 1/2" high. I have them finished in Cherry & Beach. Prices range from $99 to $149 depending on size, color & options

Large size: They measure 27 & 1/4" by 22" & have a heights that range from 29 & 1/4" to 37" . All have cut out tops w/ drop in's . Prices range from $149 to $199 depending on size

Extra Large size: They measure 27 & 1/4" by 27 & 1/4" & have a heights that range from 29 & 1/4" to 37" . All have cut out tops w/ drop in's . Price is $249 each

Last edited:
Re: INTEREST CHECK: high(er) end custom display pedestals.

yeah some good pics would be great, if at least to see others display opitions since the shipping for these would really, really suck.:(

yeah some good pics would be great, if at least to see others display opitions since the shipping for these would really, really suck.:(

Thats the other thing: shipping is going to be a ^^^^^^. The larger pedestals may even have to be yellow freighted (pallet & all). Local pickup is most definitely prefered, but if you are states away, have the bank & like what you see then I will see what I can do.

I would definitely be interested, if you can ship unassembled to cut back on shipping....

Yeah, would love to see pics...but shipping will suck. :(

I would definitely be interested, if you can ship unassembled to cut back on shipping....

anything can be unassembled:naughty just makes a differance IF you want to put it back together again.:lol:lol

hey any luck with the lifesize hulk?? none in texas, but anything close to you??

anything can be unassembled:naughty just makes a differance IF you want to put it back together again.:lol:lol

hey any luck with the lifesize hulk?? none in texas, but anything close to you??

Nothing within reasonable distance, when do you receive yours?

Sorry for the delay, still working on pics.

Just top clarify: this is not flat pack Ikea garbage & they shure as hell arent Detolfs.
These are furniture grade, high end display pedestals which have been custom built to commercial spec. In short, there is no breaking them down.

you got my interest. But I will wait for pics until I make a decision.

O.K.
Can some one help me the f@ck out here.
I just took a handfull of pics & now when I go to attach them in a post here it says that it failed apparently because they start w/ "img"

Just use Photobucket or Image Shack, its not Rocket Surgery...:rotfl

O.K.
Can some one help me the f@ck out here.
I just took a handfull of pics & now when I go to attach them in a post here it says that it failed apparently because they start w/ "img"
What is the link you are trying to post that starts with img? When you use a site like Image Shack, for example, it sould give you a link similar to this.
somethingoranother.jpg

Just copy and paste that link directly into your post. No need to use the attachment feature or the yellow box with the little mountains in it that appears right above the area you post in. You use that box when you have the http link that doesn't have
at each end.

Just use Photobucket or Image Shack, its not Rocket Surgery...:rotfl

It is to me. I'm not literate w/ much of any programs.

What is the link you are trying to post that starts with img? When you use a site like Image Shack, for example, it sould give you a link similar to this.
somethingoranother.jpg

Just copy and paste that link directly into your post. No need to use the attachment feature or the yellow box with the little mountains in it that appears right above the area you post in. You use that box when you have the http link that doesn't have
at each end.

I'm taking it straight off a memory card reader, not using any photo services.
When I use the attachment feature it lets you use all formats accept "jpg".
What the hell do I do?

You need to have your pictures hosted somewhere first. Like mentioned above Photobucket can host your pictures for free, but you need to setup an account.

An easier way might be to load your pictures to this Board picture gallery, first. Then once its in the gallery you link the url in your post.

Do you have prices in mind?

Not yet.
I have to go through each one individually, recondition (clean then condition w/ 303 & total look), grade & then price. It will take a bit but that is the reason that I am trying to let those who may have be down know before hand: so they can get funds together if need be. The pedestals are custom made & high quality, they won't come cheap.

EDIT: TADAHHH! Pics:

https://s597.photobucket.com/albums/tt53/mitchshea1/Pedestals/

Photobucket is about as simple to set up and navigate as quantum physics. Silicon Valley can eat my a$$.

Last edited:

Pics have now been added.

Keep in mind that these file photos intended on giving interested parties an idea of what the pedestals look like. More, higher quality pictures will be taken after I prepare & grade each pedestal individually.

Back