High end collectables killing Sideshow?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder if they're gonna sell all the full sz'd T-800s , 6.000 is an insane amount for most folks !!

The 12 inch and PF LOTR lines Killed the SSW value. And the high editions also are hurting the company. EBAY cheaper end of story. But LOTR Diorama's would of been much better. The new stuff for me conflicts with the old. Why not try and be unique and bring something different to the market like LOTR Diorama's. Gentle Giant is doing the cartoon thing which is a great idea.

I understand people collect different scales of figures but too much of anything is a bad idea.

And I don't like what I have seen so far from the new LOTR lines. And alot of people complained to. From PF Frodo and 12 inch Aragorn. SSW stuff isn't perfect but much of it is great. So competing with yourself is hard especially when the previous figures where awesome.

There are a lot of collectors out there. I only have 3 pieces of Poly but plan on getting every 12" and most likely every PF for LOTR. SS is doing fine and I see no reason why that would change any time soon.

I think the SSW LOTR line is almost a seperate entity. That partnership created some amazing collectibles, and having seen a majority of them in person, I was always really pleased with each piece produced. I always loved toys over statues, though, and this is where Sideshow has me hooked. I even think the toy likenesses that I have seen thus far are better (in my opinion) than those produced by SSW. There will be some items where the original Poly has an edge, and nobody did bad guys better, but I am eager to see more of what Sideshow has to offer. As a collector, I will be trying to get as many of the 1/6 figures as possible, and every now and again, I will try and scrimp and save to get a 1/4 scale PF. I adore some of the more "high-end" items Sideshow produces, but could not afford it. The 1/6 lines allow me to get "high-end" toys with great quality and a great price where I could get more than one!

Seaward--Best avatar ever!

(With apologies to Jesseawilson.)

I gotta concede that the Jesse avatar is simply the best! Hypnotic, pendulous, rhythmic, I could watch it all day.

I have been trying to resize a Ricky Gervais avatar, from the Office when he dances like a maniac, highly recommended!

back to the thread: I am about to possibly dip my toe into the higher end of Sideshow collectibles. A retailer made me a very generous offer on a couple of PF figures, namely Freddy, Jason and the Terminator endoskeleton. I have seen these on the web only, but I would appreciate any opinions on these! I will be checking out Captain Toy tonight, but the more opinions the merrier!

I had a collection of LOTR poly, and am selling these to fund a new car/engagement ring, but I wanted to "treat" myself to a little something, and this was a very generous offer!

Well, I'll just jump in and say I only buy the high end stuff. Of course, I only buy the Alien products, and most of them are in the upper scale catagory, so I really have no choice! :rotfl

Welcome Danfaz!!! What, no Hot Toys marines standing guard around some of the busts? Those pictures you posted are amazing!

The only good thing about the Weta stuff dropping in value is I can now pick up alot of the stuff I sold and didn't get cheap. But I still dont have the money because of all the stuff SS is shipping/making. And alot of the hard to get Weta pieces haven't dropped to much. I still watch the Sam and Bill auctions. Still too much.

Nasedo, out of everything I sold, Sam and Bill was the only one I had trouble parting with. It is one of the nicest sculpts, but it also captures so much of the "hobbity-ness" of the whole LOTR experience, and for me Sam is the true hero of the story!

I need to complete the Hobbits, and I remember someone counting Sam and Bill as part of the Riders series which makes me want it more.

Back to the topic.

SS could help it's sales and bring up ebay prices if it brought back the 2 PIECE LIMIT. For 12 inch figures it should be a must. Collectibles; mint condition so don't open the box. Get 2, one to open and one to play with. But then you twice the canceled orders and higher editions. I knew I should of never tried to reply on this topic. I've been seeing it pop up for the past week but it wouldn't go away. I'm happy with everything.

Seaward said:
Welcome Danfaz!!! What, no Hot Toys marines standing guard around some of the busts? Those pictures you posted are amazing!

Cheers Seaward! Well, I have considered the HT Marines, but at the MO, I gotta save all my cash for the upcoming 1:1 Aliens bust :drool

For the prices for some of the Aliens merch, you gotta save up your money, and then rob the guy next to you! :google

Back