Hi! Hot Toys and Transformers collector here

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrcollaborator

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've just started collecting Hot Toys after years of collecting Transformers figures (Bay movies, Armada, Energon, etc)

I live in The Netherlands (aka Holland to most people) and have quite a transformers collection (my attic is filled with boxes with empty transformers boxes) I buy a lot in the toy stores here, and also buy and sell a lot on a dutch selling/trading website (dutch equivalent of Craigslist)

I've gotten most of the transformers figures i wanted at this point.. Most of them haha.. And then i stumbled across the amazing Hot Toys 1/6 Iron Man figures.. And now i fear i have a new addiction:cuckoo:

My credit card officially hates me.

After being a big fan of the first 2 Iron Man movies and the recent Avengers film release, i'm planning on picking up some more Hot toys in the future, but right now i started with the Iron Man MK VI that was re-released a few days ago (now sold out again) I just love the triangle chest! (Reminder to self: Gotta get myself a Ikea Detolf!)

It's very funny how Transformers are NEVER in scale with each other, besides the fact that there are different priceclasses/sizes (legends/deluxe/voyager/leader/ultimate) Nothing is even remotely close to being in scale or movie accurate.. Paint is often non-existent (Bumblebee is yellow = use yellow plastic, see no paint required) Well you get the point. But these are a different priceclass ofcourse.. but seeing a perfect Iron Man MK VI just makes everything look imperfect by comparison i guess.

I've also pre-ordered Loki and i'm hoping to get Iron Monger / Iron Man MK1 / War Machine / Dir. Fury in the near future!

Everything i collect is restricted to figures that actually can move, be posed or transformed etc (hence the transformers). I don't really care for statues or busts. I love the engeneering that goes into good figures!

Another licence that i really like are the Hot Toys Batman figures.. Joker, Batman and ofcourse the Batpod / Batmobile. But for now, i think i'll assemble all of the avengers first.. :panic:

in short, Hi everyone!

Hi there! Welcome! I was always hoping one day for a deluxe movie Optimus Prime toy from Hot Toys some day. But I'm still hoping.... And dreaming!

Again, welcome! :wave

Welcome! I was a TF collector as well. Once I discovered 1/6 figures though, the TFs did nothing for me. Your paint example is a good example on why I lost interest in them. My huge collection is down to a handful at this point.

Welcome, and take things slowly here...it can get bad, fa$t LOL!!

Back