Hi From the land Downunder !

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bomber5

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi Guy,
New Member from Australia.
Been a toy, sports card, actionfigure collector for as long as I can remember, but it got crazy in past 4 years since I obtained a full time job. My main action figures range from ninja turtles, DC universe and Marvel legends with the odd transformer, masters of the universe and Street Sharks.
2 months ago I bought my first 1/6 Hot Toy figure, the Dark Knight Dx11 Joker. I never knew about Hot toys until I walked into this small local store in the suburbs of Melbourne. The shop owner had 2 figures, the Joker and Iron man Mark 6
Without even hesitating I bought the DX11 which he had displayed not even knowing it was a action figure, but thinking it was a really great statue sculpt of Heath.
He then pulled it out of the display and showed me the articulation. My Jaw dropped, my tongue stiffened, my hands started shaking and my heart beating like a drum knowing this wasn't a statue but a high end action figure.
I'm 25, but the feeling I got from this figure made me feel like a kid on Xmas day, and to feel like a kid is probably the best experience one can feel.
Since joker I had been addicted to Hot Toys. Sadly I started a little late when it comes to hunting figures I want due to them past sales and sky rocketing prices, I've had to pay nearly $100-200 more for each figure, rather to figures I can now pre order.
But I see it as a positive, I will pay more than the pre order price, but I will keep them closer to my heart knowing my hard earned money went to a piece of my life time story and collection.
I now own around 8 hot toys and have a few on pre order, also being a huge Chicago bulls and Mj fan, I recently pre orded my first enterbay black jersey MIchael Jordan.

I'm glad I joined this forum and I would never then back on my pricey decisions I've made, because to feel the feeling I endeavoured the first time I found out the joker was a figure, IDE pay thousands more to feel it again.
Thanks for reading my little story

wavesmile.gif
:welcome1: to the :FREAK: Show, Bomber5! :duff
icon_snoopy.gif
wavesmile.gif

Back