Hi from New Zealand

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eti1978

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I should have gone here first:slap

I live in Auckland, NZ and work as a self employed travel agent specializing in the school group travel market. My collections range from Airline models 1/400 - 1/200 scale herpa & dragon Wings to Japan Shinkansens Kato and Tomix N Scale model trains while at work. Then after work I switch over to mainly Diamond Select Toys figures/ Ships from Star Trek, Stargate, Battlestar Galactica. Also Star Wars dioramas using Hasbro figures. Also I am a member of the Trektoy forum as well.

After seeing the footage on youtube from the SDCC 2011 July coverage (especially pitu23, does a wonderful job). I was overwhelmed by what I saw from Sideshow & Hot toys, which I had not looked into these companies before. The DX Jack Sparrow is the first thing that caught my eye and I'm amazed how real it looks. The next area that got me excited was the dewback and sandtrooper display, so I immediately went onto ebay and purchased the squad leader and corporal. For xmas I got the desert sands sandtrooper and Momaw Nadon.

At the moment I'm waiting on the dewback to come from a local sci fi shop (paid NZD$450, so thats about US$342) and also the BBTS Jack Sparrow (I'm waiting patiently for)

On pre order I have the Bespin Luke Skywalker and Boba fett. The 1989 Joker & Batman. (I also own a Custom Workz 1989 batman figure, which is cool but looking forward to the hot toys one)

Anyway thats where I'm at, especially now that Diamon Select Toys have stopped producing figures.

I hope one day that Hot Toys will look at Star Trek.

From Star Wars I would like to see next, ROTJ Luke, Darth Vader, Stormtroopers, scout trooper with speeder bike, snow troopers, Royal Guard. luke and han on tauntaun, R2D2 & C3PO and Chewbacca.

Welcome to the board :D:wave Looking forward to seeing your collection! I'm also waiting for my Jack Sparrow (he is out for deliver today :D)!

Back