Hi from a new UK member

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ageofstrife

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hi from Birmingham, UK.

Just started collecting NECA 1/4 scale Predator figures thanks to my wife buying me the Masked City Hunter and Big Red figures, followed by me picking up the Elder and a closed mouth P1. Looking to add custom accessories, already printed a skull and spine to scale and working on a bio mask for the P1. Also got a NECA 18" scale Alien.

Over the years I've collected various things such as the United Cutlery LotR replica weapons (eight of which hang on the walks in my house), LEGO Star Wars (most of which I had to sell a few years ago), and various other Star Wars related items.

Also have a large collection of Citadel/Games Workshop figures going back to the late 80s when I first started buying them in my teens. Reading that last sentence over a few times makes me feel old... :)

Dan

Hello Dan, I hope you are well...

Sounds like you've got plenty of variety going on collectibles wise, I myself collect Doctor Who, Star Wars & Iron Man..., I've got some other things too like Batman, Star Trek & some Marvel characters besides Iron Man but on a much smaller scale.

Anyway, happy collecting.

Regards, Kevin. (also in the UK) :)

Hi Dan, Neca preds 1/4 are a great way to start. Really solid figures at the price point. They're alien stuff is fantastic too. Take a look at the new queen alien 1/4 , really fantastic. Also the iron man and keaton bats are very solid too.

Get some pictures up :)

:welcome1: to the forums Dan.

The NECA preds are really well made. They weigh a ton. The skin looks great and I like the body netting. It's hard to get the skulls for but if your custom printing you might find the trophy wall of interest. Looks like this:

NECA_PREDATOR_TROPHY_WALL_02.jpg

QA on the preds is also pretty good. Some of the NECA figs have some painting and molding issues, but the preds always seem to come out looking good. Dutch is quite nice too.

Main thing to watch is that you have them on something solid that won't wobble as they can topple over really easy and the hit joints can easily snap when they fall.

Anyhow, have fun! And post some custom pics when you can :)

Cheers

Liam

Hi Dan, Neca preds 1/4 are a great way to start. Really solid figures at the price point. They're alien stuff is fantastic too. Take a look at the new queen alien 1/4 , really fantastic. Also the iron man and keaton bats are very solid too.

Get some pictures up :)

Got some pics up here already:https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...2934-neca-1-4-scale-predator-post7392016.html and https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...2934-neca-1-4-scale-predator-post7392429.html plus a bunch more pics on my own site at Predators

Also got a 1/4 scale Heath Ledger Joker for my wife (hopefully she hasn't read this before Thursday ;)

Dan

:welcome to Sideshow Freaks, Dan! Sounds like a cool collection - I've never actually gotten any of the NECA 1/4 figures before, always wondered how they compare in quality to other figures and scales.

Can't compare to other makes, but the quality seems pretty good. Had stuck arm and leg joints on Elder and Big Red but a hair dryer sorted those out pretty easily, and knees on Alien were the same. Other than that the detail is great and as I've posed them on shelves that lean back slightly I've had no issues with them falling yet. Going to get some 9" doll stands just to be sure though.

Love to hear a little bit about the ins and outs of the printing process if you ever have a chance - I've been interested in possibly getting into 3D printing myself in general, though applying it to collectibles could be fun too.

I've only dabbled so far, but the first print has given me ideas on how to improve the next one. Splitting the parts into halves was a mistake as it used up more support material than if I'd done then in one piece due to the printer I used laying a large support base for every part. Also even at .25mm resolution the ridges on curved faces need sanding back quite a bit. Will post here in the forums as I make progress, bio mask will be a few weeks away yet as I'm assuming to make it fit the closed mouth P1 snugly.

Looking forward to posting here to get useful feedback and criticism :)

Dan

Got some pics up here already:https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...2934-neca-1-4-scale-predator-post7392016.html and https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...2934-neca-1-4-scale-predator-post7392429.html plus a bunch more pics on my own site at Predators

Also got a 1/4 scale Heath Ledger Joker for my wife (hopefully she hasn't read this before Thursday ;)

Dan

Good stuff. The 1/4 ledger joker looks great also. I was worried when Neca announced they were doing him but they made a great job with him.

The NECA preds are really well made. They weigh a ton. The skin looks great and I like the body netting. It's hard to get the skulls for but if your custom printing you might find the trophy wall of interest. Looks like this:

NECA_PREDATOR_TROPHY_WALL_02.jpg

That's for the 8" figures, not the 1/4 scale, isn't it? You don't get skulls with the 1/4 figures (at least none of the 4 I've got come with any), and the only reference I've seen to a skull in the 1/4 scale is the Gort SDCC figure which is out of my price range, but I am toying with the idea of 3D printing 1/4 scale versions of the skulls and building a trophy wall, just have to persuade the wife that it'll look good and rearrange all the shelving to fit it in :p Given the size of the Alien skull in the 18" figure I'll need about the same space my 50" TV takes up ...

Thanks for all the welcome posts, this is the friendliest forum I've signed up to in a long time :D

That's for the 8" figures, not the 1/4 scale, isn't it? You don't get skulls with the 1/4 figures (at least none of the 4 I've got come with any), and the only reference I've seen to a skull in the 1/4 scale is the Gort SDCC figure which is out of my price range, but I am toying with the idea of 3D printing 1/4 scale versions of the skulls and building a trophy wall, just have to persuade the wife that it'll look good and rearrange all the shelving to fit it in :p Given the size of the Alien skull in the 18" figure I'll need about the same space my 50" TV takes up ...

Thanks for all the welcome posts, this is the friendliest forum I've signed up to in a long time :D

Keep an eye on Ebay for 1/4 skulls. they do pop up now and again, usually abroad but shipping isnt expensive.

Back