He's an ugly little spud isn't he? Ray and Slimer repaint

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Astro_zombie

Super Freak
Reaction score
So I know Ive shown my Ray figure off a few times before but now hes 100% done. This figure represents a years worth of work. Pouring over 100's of reference photos, finding the right parts, putting together odds and ends, scratch building, trial and error, and just dumb luck have lead up to what you now see. Ive made him as accurate as I could. Im not too impressed with Mattels accuracy so I wanted to go all out. All his gear is there. The belt clip, gizmo, Motorola (with proper short antenna) Leg hose, accurate GB 1 pack with custom made cable, custom elbow pads with the black squares painted on, custom dyed suit, base, and even the same NVGs that we used in the movie. I also added real leather boots. Thanks to teabelly for helping me find them. Hes got a set of GBs in the works from me as well and man, do they take a long time to piece together. Also thanks to Nick for providing such great castings of the packs and traps. I added all the little toggle switches on the gun using wire. I hope you guys like it!
100_3742.jpg

100_3744.jpg

100_3745.jpg

rayup.jpg

gun.jpg

And what good is Ray without his first encounter as a GB, Slimer! This is a thing I found on ebay. I really didnt like the paint job on it so I redid it. I coated him with a paint to make him glow in the dark too. The only down side to that is I lost some of the detail in my painting becuase of it. Last I gave him 2 coats of gloss to give him that slime look.
slimer-1.jpg

slimer2.jpg

The outfit looks great but I dont remmeber Ray having big sideburns like that? Maybe I'm wrong?

hey jon, awsome work bro. definatly worth the wait. i cant wait for mine to be finished!! glad u got those boots like mine, they look FAR superior to the plastic ones!!
glad i could help.

and nick, no he dnt have sideburns in the movie, that dan hs is the blues bro 2000 head.

I think it looks great. awesome work! I know what its like not able to find the Exact hs you need, but you made this one look fantastic! Great job :D

Yeh the head is from blues brothers 2000 lol. I'm hoping to find another Dan head sculpt sooner or later to replace that. I did try to remove the side burns on the first head I got and it just looked really weird. Or if Mattel fixes the head the have now, I may try and kit bash it.

yeah this hs is fine ithink for now jon, lookse good with the goggles resting on his forehead i think. if chris howe released his dan headsculpt soon i will get that ithink aswel

Back