Here comes The Bride

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That looks downright amazing! I want one, but I think I will wait for the SSE seeing as I have the SSE Frank.

I just hope it won't be too hard a buy ....

does anyone know why this is backordered at Sideshow and not expected until July from them? I'm still on the fence about this one but still wondering about its availabilty - did you folks get yours from Sideshow or another source?

Gee, I hope not. I spoke with Lisa today and she ran my card for mine and did not mention this. My status on my account says shipping soon? Maybe they only received enough stock to fill their preorders

The SS site gives the Height measurment of the Bride, as
18.25 inches. Is this with or without the base?

This piece is truly impressive. The body is entirely sculpted in bandage, sideshow did not skimp on details here. Lot underneath that dress. The dress comes very wrinkled, but it has nice stitching detail in the back and the bottom hem just goes on and on, which makes the pose so artful. Love this piece.

The only thing that may be off are her thumbs, they look chipped and then painted over. Please tell me this is normal so I don't have to send yet another piece back.

Universalrocks said:
The SS site gives the Height measurment of the Bride, as
18.25 inches. Is this with or without the base?
Mine measures about 19 1/2 inches, including the base. I'm not sure where they got the 18.25 figure.

kierbaudy said:
This piece is truly impressive. The body is entirely sculpted in bandage, sideshow did not skimp on details here. Lot underneath that dress. The dress comes very wrinkled, but it has nice stitching detail in the back and the bottom hem just goes on and on, which makes the pose so artful. Love this piece.

The only thing that may be off are her thumbs, they look chipped and then painted over. Please tell me this is normal so I don't have to send yet another piece back.
I agree with everything you said. But I'm not exactly sure what you are seeing with the thumbs. On mine, they do look somewhat squared off, but to me it just looks like the bandages are wrapped over and around the ends of her thumbs. They don't look chipped at all.

Thanks Robodad. Mine is probably chipped, it is not squared off. Both thumbs look like the thumb padding had been cut off. I looked for chipped pieces in the box, but could not find any. Probably came off production line like that. Inthia is going to put me on a black list, but I do have the worst luck.

Anyway, for those on the fence... I would get this. Nicely made piece.

I'm not thrilled with the new rough styrofoam packaging. Luckily, it didn't scratch the piece.

She's really awesome. I hope they get it together for a Creature PF soon. I know everyone has their favorite "C" list monster. Mine is Werewolf of London. I would love a Werewolf Of London PF also. But not in the smoker's jacket/robe. I want the old English overcoat, scarf and cabbie hat. On a cobblestone street base.:monkey5

Anton Phibes said:
She's really awesome. I hope they get it together for a Creature PF soon. I know everyone has their favorite "C" list monster. Mine is Werewolf of London. I would love a Werewolf Of London PF also. But not in the smoker's jacket/robe. I want the old English overcoat, scarf and cabbie hat. On a cobblestone street base.:monkey5

Invisible Man !

yeah, i'm all for the Invisible Man. Once you get past the core-four, it's IM, the Creature, then the Bride for me... Don't get me wrong, i love the bride, and having a female monster rounds out the group nicely, but she really wasn't a key player like the rest...

Mookeylama said:
nice! hey which Frank PF is the best? color or SSE. heard there was some issues w/ the body.

They both have the same body style as far as I know. Frank is surprisingly light; with polystone head, arms and boots (though they are covered in a felt of some sort).

I personally prefer the SSE:

SideshowSSEFrankensteinPF028.jpg

SideshowSSEFrankensteinPF022.jpg

SideshowSSEFrankensteinPF001.jpg

Back