Hercule Poirot head sculpt W.I.P

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tombaker369

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Hello all, I'm new to this forum....well technically, I've been reading it and looking at the many many impressive peices of customisation and thought I'd like to show some of the things I get up to
I'm more of a sculptor (technically no even that, I'm only 17) who ever so often dresses a body to go with a sculpt, I mainly dabble in Doctor Who related sculpts/customs, I do also some other genre based customs, like for example my last full custom was a 12" Worzel Gummidge as played by Jon Pertwee....not sure if many here would have heard of him lol
a picture to stir memories.
DSCF0593.jpg

Anyway, as you can no doubt tell from the title of this post my latest project is a 1/6th scale custom, hopefully a full one, of Agatha Christie's super-sleuth, Hercule Poirot as played by the definitive Poirot, Mr David Suchet. As you can see roughly halfway through sculpting atm lol
I'm basing this sculpt on the most recent appearance of Poirot, a much older look, not sure why but it really appeals to me more than his younger years.
DSCF0728-1.jpg

heres a few pictures of my past endeavours
DSCF0344.jpg
Dark Knight Joker
DSCF0164.jpg
Peter Davison as the 5th Doctor

I love Hercule Poirot. I shall be watching this thread with interest. Great job so far.

Really nice work, especially for your age, but even in the grand scheme of things you've got some talent! Really excited to see what else you share with us!

And welcome :chew :chew

I love the D.S.Hercule Poirot too, cant wait to see him finished.

Nice work !!

and

Who doesn't love some Pertwee ?? The dapper Doctor :)

Russ

a little update now on Poirot :D
the basic sculpting's done and I'm starting to refine the final details before baking, like for example the ears, hence their rather crumminess heheh

DSCF0769.jpg

DSCF0773.jpg

DSCF0774.jpg

I say! Once you whip those ears into shape, it's gonna be an incredible likeness!

hello all
Poirot is finally finished, well the sculpting part is anyway, now the costume, should good fun, I'm also considering to make a hat, hmmmm
DSCF0797.jpg

DSCF0808.jpg

DSCF0809.jpg

DSCF0810.jpg

as you can see there's a few little details (e.g the eyelashes could be a bit more "solid" as it were) to be refined, but all in all I'm very pleased with the old thing.
Now, the ears, I've never been entirely good nor convincing in the ear department, I guess I'm afraid I'll mishapen the head as I sculpt them lol, oh well, if my dislike to them gets to the point of being able to look at this sculpt I shall remove them and resculpt them, so I suppose this sculpt isn't what the "end result" might definately look like lol
thanks for watching this space (I would do a smiley but I used all my image allowances for one message lol)

Very nice. I think a hat would go well with him. I always picture Poirot with a hat.

Back