Statue Hera Greek Mythology - Yamato USA

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hera and Luna are cooling their heels in my bag-o-loot at BBTS. I keep thinking something else to ship with them will pop up. I may break down and release them this week.

According to the artist Facebook page, It looks like there is going to be a variant for Hera.

11325_726767634045698_9102140185454145260_n.jpg

The longer dress give her a more classical look, Wish I knew it was coming before.

I'm really digging this Artist, Wei Ho's work. I just ordered Red Assassins, the white variant.

10422570_879509808758714_9220589309426071624_n.jpg

I'm also looking at Phoenix Archer.

Phoenix Archer 0001.jpg

But I'm waiting to see if there is a variant.

According to the artist Facebook page, It looks like there is going to be a variant for Hera.

View attachment 180403

The longer dress give her a more classical look, Wish I knew it was coming before.

From what I read that sketch was his initial concept. I haven't been able to find any info for an actual variant being made. A shame b/c I like the longer dress too.

I can see myself really getting sucked into these Yamato 1/6 pieces. Gonna try to stick to the greek mythology line.

Thanks for the link! From the way he made it sound the longer dress would be in addition, so would come with both outfits? Asking as I've never bought any of the variants..

Thanks for the link! From the way he made it sound the longer dress would be in addition, so would come with both outfits? Asking as I've never bought any of the variants..

I think so . He did post that the variant will come with an additional dress, and since the clothes are removable they can be switched out. We'll just have to wait until it goes up to see if that the case. New rule for Yamato purchases. Wait to see the Variant! :slap

There's a web exclusive variant for her. They basically just reversed the colors on her outfit. Hair, shoes, bow, and base are different colors too.

I'll stick with the original. I like the darker hair better. WOW!! ATHENA is now up for PO.:yess:

at1.jpg

at2.jpg

at3.jpg

at4.jpg

:thud: Oh my poor wallet.

I'll stick with the original. I like the darker hair better. WOW!! ATHENA is now up for PO.:yess:

:thud: Oh my poor wallet.

Yeah, I think I prefer the regular on Phoenix Archer as well. The darker hair, gold bow and shoes look better to me overall. Although the gold/black paint app on the exclusive's base is rather nice.

Athena looks pretty good. I was getting ready to pick up Hera soon until I read about this other exclusive with the longer dress that's in the pipeline. I may just go ahead and grab the regular anyway. No telling when that variant's going to show up and how easy she'll be able to get.

Athena came yesterday, and Phoenix Archer today. Very happy with both.

ATH.jpg

DSC02348aa.jpg

DSC02353a.jpg

DSC02392jj.jpg

DSC02391j.jpg

DSC02383j.jpg

Aphrodite is arriving today - I'll post photos of her this weekend. In the mean time, here are a few of Hera, with a bonus Athena and Phoenix Archer - they're all totally gorgeous!

hera 1.jpg

hera 2.jpg

hera 3.jpg

artemis and athena.jpg

As promised, here are some shots of Aphrodite - she's pretty much flawless... Yamato seems to have no problems at all with this series... the production pieces are absolutely faithful to the prototypes, which is so nice.

Aphrodite 1 sm.jpg

Aphrodite 3 sm.jpg

Aphrodite 4 sm.jpg

i have 3 of these in my cart on ebay - Wei Ho sells direct on there (herokingdom)

I cant afford them just now plus the wife will get all snarky about the sexuality of these figures but they are incredibly gorgeous pieces of art.

Hera is the most beautiful of the greek series to me, but aphrodite is also stunning. Some of his other works like the lady dragon, red assassin and phoenix archer make me drool.

I can see a detolf case just containg Wei ho's pieces in the future for sure

forgot to mention he has his own blog where you can download some free pictures

its probably common knowledge to most folks on here but just in case - heres the link

Art Downloads | Art of Wei

The below picture in particular is fantastic and the download is highrez, will get a poster of it printed esp since the artwork is free !!
ArtofWei_RedAssassin 1280.jpg

Back