Help with custom iron man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hadleysdad

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hi guys, looking for a little help

I'm looking to turn a mark 2 into a mark 3, and it will be my first painting custom. So, looking for A, the best method to paint the figure, and B, the best gold and red to use for mark 3.... Any help will be greatly appreciated

Just out of curiosity, how are you going to deal with getting rid of the sculpted-on rivets in the armor?

Well that's an easy sand down...I've made customs, just not much expirience painting

ok bro imm try hook u up:
1: you gotta wash it with soapy water to get rid of the factory oily kak and sealer, then let it dry properly

2: spray it with a FLAT BLACK,

4:then spray it with CHROME OR SILVER let it dry PROPERLY.

5: for the red and gold use CLEAR RED and CLEAR YELLOW

i use tamiya paints as they have the clear and flats and silver there awesome paints!!.

hope that helps amigo, pm me if yah need any more advice.

I appreciate the help! So regular red will match the mark 3? I thought the red was a bit darker

woah i see. IF you have an airbrush and dont mind experimenting, maybe you could also go to a custom car workshop and ask them to mix you up a batch

regular red with a tiny drop of black , like the end of a cocktail stick typa deal. the clear red will make the mettalic underneath pop.

Back