Help with broken Hot Toys bank robber Joker?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Chinese factories use the cheapest super glue they can find in attaching the neck rings inside the head, so any cheap-o brand will not damage the PVC head.

But If you are worried, I can recommend ZAP-A-GAP brand of crazy glues. It's one of the strongest CA-type glues availble, used by plastic modelers and R/C guys...even grease resistant. You can find them at hobby shops or even Michaels Art and Craft stores. I use Zap-A-Gap extensively for all my repairs and modifications.

BOBBY
Could show me an exact picture of the glue bottle, and does it dry clear and un-noticable in way that it doesn't do damage to the head like some other glues will?

After seeing the ring partly removed from the first head, I decided to put the mask head on. But before putting it on all the way, I placed it in partly so that the ring can stay stretched for a period of time in which it would allow for an easier removal. Did anyone else do that?

I also would like to know how to switch heads on the Joker body.

I desperately tried to get the neck plug deattached from where it is attached to the body, but no luck. I also tried to heat it using a hair dryer but it just would not budge an inch!
What to do? I don't want to use raw force as I'm worried I might accidently damage the figure.

All super glue is the same. Pick up one from the store, and it'll work fine.

Yes, any brand of cyanoacrylate adhesive is equivalent to "Super Glue". They come in varying viscosities and unless you get the "no fog" variety, they will cause a powdery white residue to build up around the glued area if you use a lot or enclose the wet glue in an unventilated space while it is drying.

Just make sure you use only enough to do the job and let it completely dry before putting the glued parts back in the display cabinet.

I had been hearing a rattling noise when I posed my BR Joker so today I completely stripped him and found that his left leg was a little loose. I think the screw must have broke off and part is inside the leg, but I can't get the little rubber tab off to check. It doesn't bother me that much, because it is still tight. Just a little looser than his other leg.

Back