Help Please- Broken Weta Sauron Helm

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr. Nice Guy

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hello all,

Not sure if this is the place to post this but about a year ago my weta Sauron statue fell off a shelf and his helm cracked in several places. It was devastating. I managed to get him put back together with the exception of a few of his helm spikes.

I'd like these to get rebuilt. I don't know how to do it right and I'm hoping someone here may have gotten theirs fixed by someone and can refer me. Piecing them together is not an option. They need to be built.

Pls let me know if you know someone good at this. I'll ship out, but if you know someone around Toronto that would be an added bonus.

Thanks

There are some very talented people around here Mr. Nice Guy :wave

If you can't rebuild the spikes yourself with some "Green Stuff" or the like, I'm sure someone here would be able to help you out. :wink1:

I had the same situation myself and I was gutted. :(

However with a lot of time and work, I manages to mix him up fine...at least fine enough for me. :wink1:

Give it a go, be patient, build and sand, build and sand...I'm sure you will get a decent enough result. :monkey3

:duff
Bill

Milliput epoxy resin is a 2 part putty that you mix together equal amounts and build up the spikes. Its easier if the wire is still there, if not, add one.
I have added some pics of the damage I did to mine but only 1 of part of the repair, sorry. The link shows a huge rebuild I did using milliput which sets rock hard.

Paint wise, it's relatively simple as it is basically just a flat black with silver dry brushing on top. Not a big job and not a costly one :lecture

VideoandSauron002.jpg

VideoandSauron005.jpg

VideoandSauron.jpg

VideoandSauron004.jpg

https://www.wetacollectors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33956

Finished piece

Sauronfixed004.jpg

Hello all,

Not sure if this is the place to post this but about a year ago my weta Sauron statue fell off a shelf and his helm cracked in several places. It was devastating. I managed to get him put back together with the exception of a few of his helm spikes.

I'd like these to get rebuilt. I don't know how to do it right and I'm hoping someone here may have gotten theirs fixed by someone and can refer me. Piecing them together is not an option. They need to be built.

Pls let me know if you know someone good at this. I'll ship out, but if you know someone around Toronto that would be an added bonus.

Thanks

Happened to mine twice I rebuilt it twice with modeling parts from games workshop it looks mint, I'll post some pics if you like only have after pics but it looked a lot worse than the one pictured above and all the spikes needed replacing. So I used plastic parts from games workshop and glued them on, then filled the gaps with liquid green stuff. I then got exact measurements from a friend who has one and used a dremmel mini grinder thing to get the shape and as it took shape used lower grade sand paper, coated with liquid green stuff for texture then sanded then painted. voila!

I had the same thing happen to mine. My wife thought it would be funny to put her cell phone in the middle of the helmet spikes, not realizing it wasn't glued on. The helmet fell and the spikes broke off all together.

I rebuilt mine with aves apoxie sculpt. And sanded it down until it was smooth. I did some experimenting and found that the correct color match is a 1:1 ratio of black and charcoal grey. Mix that together and when it dries it looks just like the rest of the helmet.

Very cool of you morgulpaul to offer to fix it!

But, I can beat that. Kind of a mini story. Here goes.

Our Boiler used to be in the spare room so we decided to have it moved in to the utility. So the workmen booked a day to come round and on that day I was at work and had forgotten to move the rest of my collection out of that room, so I left specific instruction for my other half I said "take the helmet off and lift from the base" I did not want her trying to pry it off the base so "just lift from the base" simple enough.

I recieve a text message informing me the helmet had broke.
Of course I thought it was a silly joke as no one is stupid enough not to follow the instructions right?
WRONG!
I came home and inquired about the catastrophe and she said she had lifted it from the body without taking the helmet off, the base also fell off but escaped unscathed.

I saw this one for sale on ebay. i was wondering if you could share your thoughts on this helm particularly the spike at the back. Is it chipped off or not?

It's been over 2 months since I've heard back from Morgulpaul who has my helm. If anyone knows him pls ask him to contact me. I keep sending PMs and no answer. I just want it back at this point.

Back