Help! I want to get into Star Wars, but 1/6, Mythos or Premium format??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:rolleyes2 Well..... *ahum*..... actually three. R2D2 and C3PO and Darth Vader :rolleyes2
Those figures represent Star Wars for me and I am a real OT guy

Droids gonna be awesome for you !!

I am not sold on the Vader.. the pose is just bothering me to much to get him.. still waiting on the new Vader .. but let us know what you think

I am not sold on the Vader.. the pose is just bothering me to much to get him.. still waiting on the new Vader .. but let us know what you think

Thanks, and I am thinking of modding the droids, so they can be run off an AC adapter. 3PO just looks too lifeless without the eyes.

I read so many good things about Vader, I took a chance. I just need a Vader. But I am also very keen on a new Premium format Vader. Not holding my breath though for 2014, from all I've read

Thanks, and I am thinking of modding the droids, so they can be run off an AC adapter. 3PO just looks too lifeless without the eyes.

I read so many good things about Vader, I took a chance. I just need a Vader. But I am also very keen on a new Premium format Vader. Not holding my breath though for 2014, from all I've read

People've been shouting for a Vader for years now. Still, no word of it. I really hope something happens soon, but I have been telling myself that for a long time now. :)

I perfer mythos ,because thier pose more attrackive,just don't know will this line go on

Congrats! I'm sure you will be very happy with them, especially R2 & C3PO I think. ;) I'm a statue guy soI won't go into that discussion. Had two 1/6 earlier but sold them quickly 'cause they didn't fit in and just couldn't live up to the statues. :D Nothing bad about 1/6 but statues and especially 1/4 have a whole other level of presence and feel to them.

From Star Wars I currently have Vader, Boba & Maul from Mythos, and R2&C3, Stormtrooper, Scout Trooper and Yoda vs Clone PFs, and can gladly recommend any of them. Looking forward to Snowtrooper next!

Same.
There were some leaked photos a while back, but it was said that they were of a Legendary Scale Vader. :horror :yess:

Well, I got my PF vader and It;s not a keeper. The pose and the cheap light saber are just killing the statue for me.

I agree, and don't let him be your judge of SW PFs. I am a huge Vader fan and PF fan but I got Vader mythos instead of the PF, simply due to thr fact that I like nothing about the PF. I would've paid premium for a good Vader PF if I had to but the Mythos Vader is 1000 times better than the PF in my opinion. So while we're waiting for the new PF, which is bound to be released some time but probably not very soon, the Mythos is a great statue for me. I'm hoping for a PF reveal in 2014 and release in 2015, make it happen please! And when the PF eventually comes, I will switch the display of the Mythos to the one its created for -- Anakin looking at his helmet. :)

very cool. i'm very close to pulling the trigger on a Mythos Vader. Now that I have an airbrush, I can fix the orange overspray

very cool. i'm very close to pulling the trigger on a Mythos Vader. Now that I have an airbrush, I can fix the orange overspray

I don't know if someone already did this, but I made this comment several pages ago. I would be very interested in seeing one painted to eliminate the orange overspray.

I like the mythos line, but wish it was 1/4 to go better with the PFs, they just look too small if you have both. I vote 1/4 PFs with a few 1:1 items mixed in, props or busts. I started with 1/6 and now out of it mostly, just too expensive for what you get and I hate having to use stands(dio ones get a pass, but most don't have them)

I don't know if someone already did this, but I made this comment several pages ago. I would be very interested in seeing one painted to eliminate the orange overspray.

I will share pics once done. I am waiting on the statue, so it will be some weeks before I can post

Just get what you feel in your gut the best solution is for you. In the end it's ending up in your space to enjoy, not anyone else. Have fun! Collect what you love and not what others say you should get. You'll be much happier.

Well, I did what you guys suggested: I tried 1/6 scale, got a few Premium Formats and now I got my Mythos Kenobi.

Wow.... just wow.... the Mythos Kenobi (#1185/1200), it's just PERFECT. I have PF, 1/6 scale, and some pretty impressive pieces, like the PF Sauron, PF Darth Vader and PF C3PO and R2D2 but this one beats them all in presence, detail and dynamics. I am thrilled

The PF star wars pieces will go and I'll get the Fett and Vader Mythos pieces and add some attakus 1/5 sand troopers

Last edited:
Well, I did what you guys suggested: I tried 1/6 scale, got a few Premium Formats and now I got my Mythos Kenobi.

Wow.... just wow.... the Mythos Kenobi (#1185/1200), it's just PERFECT. I have PF, 1/6 scale, and some pretty impressive pieces, like the PF Sauron, PF Darth Vader and PF C3PO and R2D2 but this one beats them all in presence, detail and dynamics. I am thrilled

The PF star wars pieces will go and I'll get the Fett and Vader Mythos pieces and add some attakus 1/5 sand troopers

Sweet glad you found something you like. The mythos line should cont aswell.

Sent from my SPH-M840 using Tapatalk

Oh I really hope so! It's some if the best stuff to come from sideshow

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met behulp van Tapatalk

Back