Help! Evil Ryu line number?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BornFreeSS

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hello

Can you help me? I'm new to collecting limited edition statues.

I picked up Sota's Evil Ryu Statue (the older 1/6 scale version from 2007) from eBay from someone who to be honest just looked like they were flipping it without much knowledge of statues.

It isn't perfect. It has blobs of glue on the base and a few chips here and there. But I still love it.

But I can't make out the line number. Can you help me? Please take a look. I will try to embed it or leave a link.

Thanks
Mark

Hello

Can you help me? I'm new to collecting limited edition statues.

I picked up Sota's Evil Ryu Statue (the older 1/6 scale version from 2007) from eBay from someone who to be honest just looked like they were flipping it without much knowledge of statues.

It isn't perfect. It has blobs of glue on the base and a few chips here and there. But I still love it.

But I can't make out the line number. Can you help me? Please take a look. I will try to embed it or leave a link.

Thanks
Mark

That number looks strange. It's like a 5 with a backwards "9" :dunno.

Thanks for responding.

Honestly I was wondering if I have some sort of AP? i should be so lucky lol!

The second figure looks like a P possibly, whilst the first looks like a J.

So weird.

Any help would be appreciated. I'll take the consensus!

No, I used to have both evil and regular Ryu from SOTA. Both versions had an edition size of 225. That's the number. The first number is probably a 59.

To me, it looks like 59/225. If you look closely both of the "5"s are written the same way. I think the person who wrote the numbers down just has bad hand-writing :lol.

To me, it looks like 59/225. If you look closely both of the "5"s are written the same way. I think the person who wrote the numbers down just has bad hand-writing :lol.

LOL! Definitely bad handwriting. That's a ridiculous 9 if that's what it is. How about a weird zero???? Who writes a 9 backwards?

I'm just glad to have the piece (even though I have to glue the broken bandana, one of his fingers is missing, and there are imperfections!).

But I am curious to know the number. It's not the end of the world if I never figure it out. Anyone else any thoughts?

There's no such thing as #FP right? Sorry, that's a noob question. I've heard of AP and I've heard of EMP.

Off-hand I'd say that it's 59 too. The 5s look really similar. Also, I've seen people who write their 9s backwards as well as their 5s and some of their letters so that's probably what it is. Just an odd way of writing.

Off-hand I'd say that it's 59 too. The 5s look really similar. Also, I've seen people who write their 9s backwards as well as their 5s and some of their letters so that's probably what it is. Just an odd way of writing.

Lol, starting to think it's 95 now :rotfl

Thanks for your help guys!!

It's a great piece that I don't intend to sell, so in the end it doesn't really matter. But I was curious in case it was some sort of AP or something...

59 is fine by me :)

Back