Help contacting Andy Bergholtz...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Buyers shouldn't have to nag and harass someone they pay to get what they pay for.

Furthermore, they shift the blame to the victim for not having the time or heart to daily hound someone who is supposedly a professional.

No one's talking about "nagging" or "hounding." They're talking about not letting entire years go by. If deadlines are missed, if months go by, keep on it. It would be fantastic if the seller was keeping on it, if he was giving updates and not missing deadlines, but sometimes, with many things in life, that's not how it is and you yourself have to make sure things stay alive. And when you "kind of lose interest" in seeing it completed the answer isn't to just to go silent, the answer is to get your refund then. It's not right to just leave it to an occasion where you're in need of money, which in this case turned out to be two whole years later? That's using the person like a bank - it can be highly inconvenient, depending on the amount of money, as well as bothersome trying to recall/find the details of something so far back. I think that's where a lot of people here are coming from. At the same time, yes, of course the seller is at fault too.

I think the OP should be able to get his money back, as I said before, but I do think there is some mistakes made on his part. Even he says he shouldn't have left it so long.

I do agree with the points you have brought up but it hasn't been five years since I last made contact with him, the last contact was made in 2010.

I don't expect an instant resolution, but I would feel much better if I received a quick sentence or two reply.

Looking at it optimistically, he could be just putting it off until he finds the relevant documents. I often do that, sometimes leaving it maybe a little too long. If I saw you'd sent multiple emails though, certainly I'd reply immediately. That doesn't paint a good picture.

In your situation, probably I'd just message him again - tell him my worries about his lack of response, ask him if he has any issue with giving the refund and that you're willing to talk about that, let him know you can wait to resolve the issue if he has other issues right now. And if still he doesn't reply after three weeks, then I wait a little while, then I message him pretending to be someone else with a job offer or a complimentary question, see if he replies to that, then you maybe get a better idea of things... And post on his Facebook comments too. Maybe no need to shame him but try to get some response, some acknowledgement. That's probably all of your options, I figure. Other than that, if six months from now you've got no refund and no response, I'd say you're out of luck - I'd consider myself cheated then.

EDIT: The other thing too, just curious, did he actually do any work on the sculpt? Did you see pictures of a rough sculpt or something like that?

Last edited:
I really don't think time should absolve anyone of responsibilities... sure both parties should have communicated more. But at the end of the day (again just assuming great1's story is accurate) money was paid in good faith and either work should be produced or the money refunded.

Totally on the buyer's side here. There is simply no excuse for Andy B - doesn't matter one jot if he followed up by enquiring about the commission every so often or not.

I have an update, Andy replied to one of my messages and it seems like everything is going to be resolved.

Since this issue has been resolved I will lock this thread. If great1 would like it opened for any additional details then please contact a moderator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back