Help! Charging notice has someone else's details on it (presumably!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redwolf

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hi fellow freaks and Sideshow. Got my sideshow charging notice today. Problem is the address is totally wrong (Canada instead of Australia) and quantity is also wrong. The processing alerts had the right details up till now. I've been buying stuff from Sideshow for a few years now and it's the second time the address has gotten mixed up. I know that the next notice will be the bill and also a Fedex notice will follow. It's after office hours now (and the weekend has arrived!) so I can't get in touch till next week when the parcel could be on its way to Canada.
Has this ever happened to you guys before? Is this just a computer stuff up or should I be really worried?
Thanks in advance!

If it's not right I'd be worried. But mostly because it might mean delays. If they messed up then they'll make sure to fix it. Since it's charging today they probably won't be shipping until next week, so you might be able to catch them

I'm really hoping it's not picked up by Fedex yet. It's a small window of time between this notice and the next one. It's the weekend as well so there's actually a 3 day wait for me (Monday California local time is actually Tuesday Down Under).
I'm bewildered at how the address has been totally changed to a random address almost 10,000 miles away on opposite poles of the Earth!

Never happened to me, i say ring them ASAP

Unfortunately, it's after hours. You can only leave a message now. Can't do much till next week. Hoping that a sideshow staff can clear this thing up. They are usually very responsible and helpful, and this is a mix-up on their part.

Just remove your CC info from SS site,this way they can't charge you,when they figure it out put it back.

I'd rather lose my NRD than lose whatever the items cost and have it sent some place else.

Err..the transaction may be cancelled and I'll lose my NRD!

They don't cancel an order for the first decline. You will get an email giving you 7 days to respond or the order will be canceled. Either way, I don't think this would work because even if you remove your card details that particular order retains the card info.

If the item is in stock you could cancel and reorder. I am sure in this situation you wouldn't lose your NRD. I've lost count of the number times they have done stuff like to for me. I am sure once particular person cringes when she sees my emails.

Anyway, this reply is too long. Just give them a call first thing Tuesday morning.

Hi mods, can you please delete this thread? Sideshow has rectified the problem. Thanks!

Back