Statue HELP! Can anyone advise me on a "safe" method for repacking the original Balrog?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HELP! Can anyone advise me on a "safe" method for repacking the original Balrog?

No problem.

That is strange.

Re: HELP! Can anyone advise me on a "safe" method for repacking the original Balrog?

Sorry Ingwe, this is the best I can do for you, I hope it helps, if just a little. :wave

View attachment 89970

The little pads go between the arms & the body, the arms & the wings and the arm and the leg – for support.

I know it's not much but is all I got. :lol

Give Stormcrow a PM as I got mine from him recently and he maybe able to help further.

Best of luck transporting this wonderful piece. :rock

Hey bill59, thanks so much for this picture! That is definitely a help! I am sorry that it has taken me so long to see this and acknowledge your help (!) but I didn't get an email to say that a new post had been made on this thread so I've just come across the new posts on a chance log-in to double check. It's really good to see a picture of the big guy lying unharmed in his box and also see what side the whip is on and to know where the pads go. I have yet to make the decision of boxing or transporting him but it's starting to swing in the favour of boxing him now I've got this extra info.

So CHEERS! :yess:

Thanks a lot also for the signpost over to Stormcrow, I will drop him a PM as you suggest and see if he can add to the info that you have shared.

P.S. How many pads did you have? Was your box also modified a little? My Balrog is in the 500s and I wonder whether the alterations were made after so many early editions arrived damaged to their destination.

THANKS AGAIN buddy! :) :) :)

My pleasure Ingwe :wave...glad it was of help. :)

If I was in your position, I would not put him back in the box, I would have him sitting on my lap, cradled in my hands.

That is the only way to be sure of getting him to the destination safely. :)

At the end of the day it is your decision, I wouldn't chance it though...just my two cents worth. :wink1:

Whichever way you go, I wish you the best of luck with it.

Back