Help a forum mate out?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Black@ssB0lt

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi,
In my home town of Cincinnati, we give out critical acheivement awards to original bands in their respective genres. This year the band I am in has been nominated for the funk/rnb category. This is all decided by a popular vote ie; whoever has the most fans will have the most votes. Well this year our competition is a national touring act that has 3 cds out and is funded and managed by Bootsy Collins. While my band has only been together about 2 years, and though we are doing really well, we can't stand a chance against their marketing $$$ and history.

All I am asking is that you go have a listen, each band in our genre has a myspace, and if it feels good to you then vote for Daughters & Sons. It isn't against the rules, their fans are all across the continent as well, plus some internationals. You can vote once with as many different emails that you have, it may not help us win but it might make the spread not so devestatingly huge!

We uploaded a sneak preview of a song on our upcoming album called "Hell Today" to help entice people to vote our way:

https://www.daughtersandsons.net

And you can vote here:

https://www.citybeat.com/cincinnati/best-of-23-cea-music-nominees-2009.html
Thanks all!

Last edited:
Hi,
In my home town of Cincinnati, we give out critical acheivement awards to original bands in their respective genres. This year the band I am in has been nominated for the funk/rnb category. This is all decided by a popular vote ie; whoever has the most fans will have the most votes. Well this year our competition is a national touring act that has 3 cds out and is funded and managed by Bootsy Collins. While my band has only been together about 2 years, and though we are doing really well, we can't stand a chance against their marketing $$$ and history.

All I am asking is that you go have a listen, each band in our genre has a myspace, and if it feels good to you then vote for Daughters & Sons. It isn't against the rules, their fans are all across the continent as well, plus some internationals. You can vote once with as many different emails that you have, it may not help us win but it might make the spread not so devestatingly huge!

We uploaded a sneak preview of a song on our upcoming album called "Hell Today" to help entice people to vote our way:

https://www.daughtersandsons.net

And you can vote here:

https://www.citybeat.com/cincinnati/best ... -2009.html

Thanks all!

Maybe I'm blind, but I can't find where to vote! The link just takes me to the main citybeat page. :(

good stuff.
I like the 2 least played songs in your list best.

Sorry for the late reply, I am in a dispute with Zoomtown at the moment and don't have service. Can't wait to leave that company in my wake...

But I wanted to say thanks for voting and the compiments! The lower numbered songs are newer so they may catch up. The "Hell Today" song is from our upcoming CD, we threw it up there a little unfinished because we are really trying hard to get as many votes as we can. This contest is run by City Beat which is Cincinnati's leading free paper and since they are counting the votes and we are culivating a relationship with them, we would like to make the strongest showing we can. These contests are a real help to the bands who get nominated even if you don't win, it is free exposure and if you have a competative spirit it gets you brainstorming on ways to get people to listen to what you wrote.

There is no tangable prize if you win per say, you get a plaque... but things like this really look good when you are shopping for management and booking and scratching to get to that next level and it basically sets you up for an easy time booking yourself through following year. You also get paid better at these gigs too! Total thanks for the votes!

Thanks again to all who took the time and voted. The voting ends November 9th and the awards show is the 22nd, I will reply to this thread to say whether we won or not.

i-voted.jpg

Come on people! If Freaks can vote in a dog contest, we can vote to help a forum mate out!!!

Hey everyone, thanks again for all the voting help. As suspected the national act won it, after all it is an award for new local acts and none of us other bands could compete with a band that has their long accumilated resources.
But it's cool, we were fortunate enough to just be nominated and hopefully next year we will get nominated for best album. Thanks again, you beautiful freaks!

Back