Help 1/6 AT-RT

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MIKE M

Super Freak
Reaction score
Not sure if this would be the place but I'm looking to build a 1/6 AT-RT for my troopers not sure if it's something sideshow would do , but does anyone know of any blueprints for making one ?

I've herd of places that have blueprints for making things like this but I myself don't know of any and all help would be appreciated

What material are you planning to make it out of? I really want to build some vehicles or speeders and was thinking plasticard, but I have never used it so I have no idea how difficult or easy it is to use.

I've never made anything large using plastic card since it can get expensive really fast. Its nice to work with though. <1mm thick stuff can easily be cut with a hobby knife. >1mm can also be cut with a knife but takes a bit more effort. If you have a band saw or small table saw then you're in business. I usually use Gorilla brand super glue. You can use plastic cement too. I like the liquid stuff, if you brush it on joints or exposed edges you can create a kind of bead weld appearance since it "melts" the plastic

What about if Im trying to make something with slight curves does the plasticard bend a bit because Ive heard alot about it for vehicle making but I havent tried it yet

Depends on the thickness. 0.4mm stuff can wrap around pretty tight and would be good for finishing surfaces. 1mm stuff can bend but not as much. This stuff can also be heated to aid in the bending, just be careful not to go too hot too fast or it will melt. Make a trip to your local hobby shop and check out the selection in person to see what will work best for your needs. As I said though, this stuff isn't cheap.

For the "skin" of vehicles/equipment, I have used standard plexiglass (plastic) from the local home improvement big box stores. You can usually find a few different thicknesses, but go for the thinnest option. You can get a large sheet for a decent price.

They sell hand-held cutters for this next to the plexi (best for scoring-then-snapping straight lines), but plexiglass can also be cut with a bandsaw if you have one handy. If you have a table-top disc sander, that works really well for final shaping of straight lines or outside curves.

Typically when I use this for larger vehicles/equipment, I build a frame or skeleton with wood, then glue the plexi over the frame. Standared superglue works great for this.

Not sure if this would be the place but I'm looking to build a 1/6 AT-RT for my troopers not sure if it's something sideshow would do , but does anyone know of any blueprints for making one ?

I've herd of places that have blueprints for making things like this but I myself don't know of any and all help would be appreciated

I've tried looking for plans, but other than the papercraft ones can't find any. I'm thinking of doing the legs with wood and maybe some other parts at the very least.

Here ya go! :wave

Star Wars - All Terrain Recon Transport (AT-RT) Free Papercraft Download

Love to see the results when you're finished.

Thanks Niltusk, was able to download and view, looks a little complicated so may use as a backup if I can't get anything going myself doing it by the seat of my pants, if you will. :lol

Thanks , but the download is not working

I have the files if you need them PM me. Need to download the Pepakura Designer file viewer to view them. Also might have to get printed out on larger paper (larger than 8x11) at a print shop? not sure.

For the "skin" of vehicles/equipment, I have used standard plexiglass (plastic) from the local home improvement big box stores. You can usually find a few different thicknesses, but go for the thinnest option. You can get a large sheet for a decent price.

They sell hand-held cutters for this next to the plexi (best for scoring-then-snapping straight lines), but plexiglass can also be cut with a bandsaw if you have one handy. If you have a table-top disc sander, that works really well for final shaping of straight lines or outside curves.

Typically when I use this for larger vehicles/equipment, I build a frame or skeleton with wood, then glue the plexi over the frame. Standared superglue works great for this.

I've also been thinking this is the way to go when building 1/6 vehicles.

Back