Hello from Toy Anxiety!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe its just me but I've been having trouble with the checkout system. I try to complete my order and it comes up as an error and have to try again. Anyone else? :\

Maybe its just me but I've been having trouble with the checkout system. I try to complete my order and it comes up as an error and have to try again. Anyone else? :\

I had that last night when i tried to check out. I had added what i assumed were highly sought after items and was hastily checking out, and when i went to payment, i gave me a "payment has not been made" error, and took me back a couple of steps. I just assumed i had done something wrong.

I got an error as well.

"Invalid order was found, no payment has been made."

Then I tried it again and it worked the second time.

I have made 3 orders in the past week and I find that when I checkout using Paypal I always have to do it twice. It hasn't resulted in me missing out on anything like the Joker body but I started to think there is something wrong with my Paypal. I guess it's not just me.

Hi,

Not sure what's going on with the payment system. All out metrics say everything is working just fine. Might just be a glitch. I've got an email in with Big Commerce just to be sure. Thanks!

Re: Toy Anxiety, incoming!!

I almost missed my items too. It says please contact Paypal if you think there was a problwm with your account. 2nd retry worked just fine.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

*Update for 09/02/17*

Hot-Toys-Death-Star-Gunner-011_1024x1024.jpg

New & Restock!

Hot Toys Star Wars - Death Star Gunner

DAM Toys: Gangster Kingdom - Heart 3 Bartley

Hot Toys: Captain America The Winter Soldier - Nick Fury

Coming Soon!

Inflames Toys - China Military Spirit
Threezero The Walking Dead - Merle
Hot Toys Batman vs. Superman - Wonder Woman
Sideshow Nightmare on Elm Street - Freddy Krueger
Threezero Halloween - The Curse of Michael Myers

As always thanks for checking out our thread, the Freaks Rock! :rock

Re: Toy Anxiety, incoming!!

A hundred bucks for a body without any pegs or hands/feet? Come on TA, don't be that guy.

I saw it. Threw it my cart. I went to check out and that's when I saw the price and closed the web page

I sometimes do that. It depends on the rarity of the item in question. I'll add it to my cart and look at it for a few seconds, and ask myself, "Do i want a HT ANH Leia head? Like, enough to pay $99 for it?". I think if you have to ask yourself twice, maybe you don't want it enough, lol.
This isn't an attack on Toy Anxiety. I have quite literally spent over $11,000 on doll parts from them over the past five years(I just went through my receipts...).
I certainly don't think TA are trying to rip anyone off. Or forcing anyone to pay their prices if you think they are a bit high. It's a market driven pricing system. I don't think anyone would expect them to part a rarer figure out and sell the parts cheap. This is a business after all. When my own budget grows tighter, there are parts i am priced out of if they are above a certain level.
My own rule of thumb when i see a HT(Or similar) figure on the horizon, is whether there's a part(Or parts) that i need for a custom i have in mind. If there is, i have an idea what i'd like to pay and work out the rarity of the figure in question. If the head is $100, i have to ask myself: "Will this ever be available elsewhere, and for a cheaper price, or might this be my only chance to secure one at this price?". There's never an easy answer, and we are buying doll parts so, if they seem too expensive, then they probably are. My parts containers are full of items i spent $60 on(And bought four), that i can now get for $20 apiece. But i gambled and lost. I also have pieces that could command four times what i paid, so the eventual custom figure they will go towards would cost less than if i waited till now to buy it.
I have often seen a head or body placed on a site at a slightly higher price than i'd like to pay, and if it languishes at that price, it might drop lower. And if it gets snapped up, they will know they priced it right, or perhaps raise it a little if they part that figure again. They are the ones forking out ten of thousands on dolls to take the gamble that the parts will sell and make them a net profit, after all. And i am assuming that, although they do part a few when a figure comes out, they must have a Raiders Of The Lost Ark sized warehouse full of ones they bought in to part out farther down the line. And all that cash laid out now to be recouped ten, twenty, thirty months down the line needs to be recouped. And if a $200 figure gets parted out and eventually makes a bit of a loss, then others will pick up the slack.
There will always be certain items that have more of a "perceived rarity" than an actual one. While i understand there might be someone who wanted a HT Stan Lee, i have no idea who would just want the head for $75, or why an AOU Hawkeye head(Which has a far greater likeness to Jeremy Renner), sells for $35, while the original Avengers one which hardly looks like him, commands a $60 price. But I suppose i'd never understand how exactly to price these things, so i leave it to those who have made it their business, lol.
I reckon the HT Han sold badly and fewer were made, because of that crummy headsculpt. So i assume that's why the bodies go for such a high price.

Well said, Bar. I do not own a full Han figure but have bought enough parts from TA that I was able to put together A New Hope Han and a second one, so 2 ANH Han bodies, in the Force Awakens outfit. I think TA has comparable prices to what you would pay if they came from HK but they are coming from Phoenix so I know it will take substantially less time to arrive since I am in the States plus they are guaranteed to be authentic. I, personally, am willing to pay a little more for the availability and frankly the convenience. I just wish I had started buying from them back in '07 instead of relying on Sideshow and eBay.

My only issue is having to fight you Freaks when new breakdowns come out.

I've purchased a lot from TA and I'm a very happy and loyal customer of theirs. I was just surprised at this particular item's price and here's why;

I can get the same body on eBay with a full outfit for $110. That's too expensive for me and I don't need the outfit, just the body. Since the outfit goes for at least $40 - $60 I was anticipating that the body alone would be around $50 - $70. That's why I was surprised when I saw the price because I think it was only $10 less then the fully outfitted eBay ones.

Typically TA's pricing is in line with my budget. It didn't happen to be the case this time, no big deal.

I still love TA and will be ordering something else from them soon enough.

Well it is the better deal to get the entire body and outfit together but that is simply because it makes it cheaper so you are right. However, if they were to split up the body and the outfit as the individual parts/auctions then it would be more expensive. That's just the whole thing were you buy more, you save more. In your case you'll have to pay more to get the individual parts or pay more to get the one part you need in a lot with stuff you do not need. It's a tough situation.

Are you people seriously crying about prices? It's like a gas station the prices are posted you don't like it move on.

You dont like how people are complaining about prices? You dont like it? Move on.

This is a company's/stores page to market and say an update has been made not to have a few Pennywises to cry. There are 3 other sites I go to besides TA to buy parts. Just like anything else shop around if you don't like the price.

This is a company's/stores page to market and say an update has been made not to have a few Pennywises to cry. There are 3 other sites I go to besides TA to buy parts. Just like anything else shop around if you don't like the price.

What would be really helpful is for you to PM those other sites. :)
Some people do not know other websites, besides eBay.

Back