Hello from Toy Anxiety!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think i did it once, wrote a note with my order, paid, then with my second order they recalculated and refunded the extra...

I appreciate the dealer loyalty replies, as I've been using Toy Anxiety probably longer than any of you have been in the hobby. With that being said...

$3.00+ for shipping is very reasonable.
Your not going to find it less in many other places except Ebay.

Plus TA is a business and fair with pricing, so we need to support them
rather then oversea sellers.

Hence why I ordered from them. That is irrelevant to asking if a less expensive shipping option is available.

They put a stamp on it, it breaks you complain. They charge $3.00 put it in the box or bubble envelope wrapped and you get it in one piece.

Apparently you didn't read my post in it's entirety or simply ignored parts of it. I ordered a 1/6th scale knife and stack of 1/6th dollar bills. Neither is susceptible to easily breaking and fits inside a simple envelope.

:exactly: Plus the cost of the employee's time to do all this.

I apologize in advance, but this reply made me laugh.

What is more employee time consuming?
a) Slip the tiny items in a stamped envelope and drop in the outgoing mail box or...
b) pack in a box and drop in the outgoing mail box?

I think everyone needs to relax. All I asked was if there was a less expensive alternative to shipping out two "TINY" pieces. I wasn't attacking our favorite 1/6 scale loose parts dealer.

:peace

All I asked was if there was a less expensive alternative to shipping out two "TINY" pieces. I wasn't attacking our favorite 1/6 scale loose parts dealer. :peace

There is probably a minimum cost to ship even one tiny item. $3.00 may be that minimum and they don't go below that amount. :)

Re: Toy Anxiety, incoming!!

They are great when it comes to shipping. I ordered something last weekend, it shipped Monday and I had it Wednesday.

Entry for Aug

Daywalker 2.0
image.jpg

Yes, $3.00, for now, is our minimum. Whether we can accommodate or not, requests like that should be sent to us directly via email as we are not all on top of this thread, especially the shipping department.

Thank you all for the kind words and positive feedback! We do our best, and this switch to the new site has been a trial for us probably even more for you as the back end system is much different than the old one, especially when processing orders, printing labels and shipping.

We have had several comments regarding the new site's search system, and though we cannot offer a link or drop down menu for you to choose the amount of search results, we have increased the results per page to 100, so there won't be nearly as many pages to have to click through. This is just something we're all going to have to live with as one of the small sacrifices we had to make with the new system. I have also made all search results show in a grid instead of a list to decrease the scroll down distance. We will continue to encourage BigCommerce to make the search options more flexible as time goes, but they won't make a change just because 1 new business is dissatisfied with a particular feature they offer or don't offer. This is a small issue compared the the much bigger issues we left behind with the old site.

One more thing about keyword searching that might help you out. For example, I know that if you type in Marty Hand, you will get all items with Marty and all items with Hand. HOWEVER, if you type Marty + Hand (use the + symbol between words), you will only get things that have both words, thus narrowing the search so that only the Marty Hands will show (and the hand joint). You can also string this with more words too, search Marty+hand+Joint, and only the Marty hand joints will show. Get it? I am currently trying to find out if there are more search tools available with our service, and will post a tutorial on our site if there is enough to mention.

Sorry for all the wordage, but hopefully this helps!

One more thing about keyword searching that might help you out. For example, I know that if you type in Marty Hand, you will get all items with Marty and all items with Hand. HOWEVER, if you type Marty + Hand (use the + symbol between words), you will only get things that have both words, thus narrowing the search so that only the Marty Hands will show (and the hand joint). You can also string this with more words too, search Marty+hand+Joint, and only the Marty hand joints will show. Get it? I am currently trying to find out if there are more search tools available with our service, and will post a tutorial on our site if there is enough to mention.

Just a heads up but another couple of things of note i have discovered is that the site sometimes gives hints that are presumably from Big Commerce's spellchecker and the site is showing some items that are out of stock as "related items".
I searched for "Robocop" to see the robocop and Alex Murphy parts and the site did the search but offered: "Did you mean rococo?"
For a laugh i clicked the hint and(Surprise, surprise), you don't offer any items with that keyword.
I have also searched and gotten page after page of nothing to do with the search.
I searched for hot toys head with the keywords "hot head" and got this: Toy Anxiety - Search Results for "hot head"
Many of the items in the search have nothing to do with head and sometimes even nothing to do with Hot Toys. On the first page of 100 items, there are only 5 Hot Toys headsculpts. I don't know how the other items made it into the search. But it will make searching a bit frustrating.
Also, during a search, on the bottom was a bunch of links to "customers who viewed this item also viewed..."
I clicked one of the items absently(A Robocop hand) and wanted to see the other Robocop hand. So i did a search for "Robocop hand". 12 pages long, and including every single item on your site with the word "hand" in it, i kept at it, aware there was no other way to find these elusive Robocop hands.
Eventually, i tried to find the items with the original search and found that the "customers who viewed this item also viewed" items were mostly all out of stock.
So the site is still adding items to be viewed that are not in stock.
Alex Murphy & Robocop (2 Pack) - Robocop Figure - Toy Anxiety

Alex Murphy & Robocop (2 Pack) - Robocop Right Hand w/ Articulated Fingers - Toy Anxiety

Back to the Future Part 1: Marty McFly - Nude Body (Limit 2) - Toy Anxiety

Not every search, but some, including most hot toys related searches, will kick up a link on the page of an item out of stock.

^^TA just posted to say that you would need to search Hot + Hand for the searches you're trying to do. Or Robocop + Hand etc.

:fest:fest:fireworks:fireworks:fireworks:fireworks:fireworks:fest:fest

Congratulations to IKE-CON for winning the
July 2015 Random Drawing Contest!!!

Here's my entry for July. Neo from Matrix Reloaded.

Made with Daniel Choe's head, Triad jacket, body and hands from TA.
HT Superman flying hands work out well as Neo stopping bullet hands :lol

NeoReloaded1.jpg

Back