Hello from Toy Anxiety!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys and gals, thank you all so much for taking advantage of our sale while we are lacking in updates. It has gone well, and we are thinning old inventory and making room for all that new stuff. To thank you even further, we have decided to go ahead and increase that discount to:

20% Off Site Wide!

Again, no coupon codes necessary. It is an automatic discount. This sale will continue until we launch the new site.
Thank you all so much for your patience and continued business!
Toy Anxiety

Oh raspberries; I just ordered a bunch of stuff on Monday. Let me go back and see if there's anything else I want. Who am I kidding; of course there is.

Must be another gender bending sci-fi reboot ala Battlestar Galactica. Han's a chick like Starbuck.

Hi Everyone. Just to let you all know, if you have any standing credit on our site, you may want to use it up, or at least make sure to keep a record of the code number and the amount you have left as the credit will not get migrated over. We will have to issue a new one with any remaining balance you may have left.

That being said, we are not going to announce a custom winner just yet. I think what we'll do is draw 2 winners on August 1st, but we'll keep the June and July entries separate so that it's fair. Obviously anyone who entered for June can still enter again for July.

Thanks again for all your patience as we near completion on the new site. Here's a teaser, which still needs some work, and will have a few changes yet. What do you think?

home.jpg

Well since I failed to remember to submit a custom for June I'll do mine for July now.
Snowtrooper Commander

New site design is looking nice guys. :D

Hi Everyone. Just to let you all know, if you have any standing credit on our site, you may want to use it up, or at least make sure to keep a record of the code number and the amount you have left as the credit will not get migrated over. We will have to issue a new one with any remaining balance you may have left.

That being said, we are not going to announce a custom winner just yet. I think what we'll do is draw 2 winners on August 1st, but we'll keep the June and July entries separate so that it's fair. Obviously anyone who entered for June can still enter again for July.

Thanks again for all your patience as we near completion on the new site. Here's a teaser, which still needs some work, and will have a few changes yet. What do you think?

View attachment 194437

Anyone else? Anyone? Anyone?

Anyone else? Anyone? Anyone?

It looks really slick. Of paramount interest to me when i buy from you(And i shudder to think of what i have spent at your store), is the ability to do a search for relevant items("Hot head" if i am searching Hot toys heads, "Dam rifle" if i am searching for a Dam Toys rifle, etc), and get all the available products with only a few keywords.
Also, the ability to have a maxiumum amount of products per page, and not have to see only a few items per page and have to click through several pages(In a search), looking to see if you have the item i need.
Ease of use is the main thing.
The screen grab above looks really fancy. I expect it will be as slick as it looks when in use.
I also used to like the "recently parted" front page of your site. It stopped being updated as often as i'd like, but several times i would go to your site, see the new stuff and scramble to see if a part i needed was still there.

I really like the original website, I'm sure it will be improved, I however am not a fan of the black background, it seems too dark, cluttered, and unorganized.

It looks really slick. Of paramount interest to me when i buy from you(And i shudder to think of what i have spent at your store), is the ability to do a search for relevant items("Hot head" if i am searching Hot toys heads, "Dam rifle" if i am searching for a Dam Toys rifle, etc), and get all the available products with only a few keywords.
Also, the ability to have a maxiumum amount of products per page, and not have to see only a few items per page and have to click through several pages(In a search), looking to see if you have the item i need.
Ease of use is the main thing.
The screen grab above looks really fancy. I expect it will be as slick as it looks when in use.
I also used to like the "recently parted" front page of your site. It stopped being updated as often as i'd like, but several times i would go to your site, see the new stuff and scramble to see if a part i needed was still there.

It appears that how the search is working is if you type in Hot Head, it will list anything that has "Hot Head" in the title, and then items that have both hot and head in the listing, and then all items with hot and all items with head. So, it lists items that are more specific at the top of the search and more general towards the bottom. We have the search set for 40 items per page (which can be changed if everyone prefers), so that should cover quite a bit. Too much more then that and you have way too long of a list to scroll through. A new feature will be that you have the ability to compare products. Just click on a few you want to compare and they'll be set "off to the side" for you to compare at your leisure.

The Recently Parted out area should be back in one form or another, but probably just in text link, either on the front page like it used to be or at least in our blog, which is just a click away. It may be better in the interest to clean up clutter to use the blog, which you can see the link just above the Honor Guard picture in the screen grab. Either way, it will be back. We'll probably have to play around with that a bit and get people's opinions once launched.

I really like the original website, I'm sure it will be improved, I however am not a fan of the black background, it seems too dark, cluttered, and unorganized.

As stated, that image isn't final, and as far as clutter, there really isn't anything different on that front page than there was on our original one except the large product carousel. Unfortunately, the change from the old site wasn't quite because of the look and feel of it, but more of the technical and ordering problems we were having. I shutter to think of the number of orders we lost because it wrongfully declined an order. I saw where people were declined due to a non matching billing address. They ended up trying again with the exact same address, and it went through. That is unacceptable! I think/hope everyone will find the new site to be more user friendly.

As for Black, we showed several options to a bunch of non biased different people, and without any coercion, they all picked the black. Not a single person chose any of the other options.

Lastly, we did hit another small snag in development. There's a formatting issue that is causing categories to overlap the above categories, which pretty much covers up the text links. Here's a screen grab where you can see.

screenshot.jpg

The tech people are going to have to rewrite some code to fix this issue, and that may set us back a bit more. We were hoping that we might actually launch by the end of the week, but now it's going to depend on how long this takes. The sale will continue, so take advantage of this extra time, and prepare for the onslaught of new stuff when we launch! We'll try to spread it out a little bit though :)

Thanks as always, and any constructive feedback is always greatly appreciated!

Black makes it harder to see and read. White looked so much better.

Yeah, still not feeling the black, were those "non biased different people" 1/6 scale figure collectors or buyers who frequent 1/6 scale websites, not sure if that would make any difference but to me as a 1/6 collector there is something that is offputting with the black background when I'm scrolling through a lot of pages looking at many links and items. For instance "timewalkertoys.com" uses a black background and I don't know if its a coincidence but I don't frequent there site often hahaha.

Besides TA, sites I visit are BlackOps, MonkeyDepot, UrbanSamurai, myfigurestore, toy square, all have white backgrounds, there is just something thats easier on the eyes when staring at the screen at icons on countless pages. I don't know thats just me haha.

Last edited:
Back