Hello from the Chicago Ghoul

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

That Ghoul Ava

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Hi all - I've been lurking for a few weeks, and in that time I've already learned some amazing things & tips from you all - THANK YOU! I've also be going through all your custom threads and admiring your work..all I can say is "Wow" and "Teach me"!! I figured I should say 'hi' before I get the nerve to start posting & people start to wonder who the weird chick asking all the questions is! :panic:

I currently live in Chicago & I usually work as a mechanical engineer to support my habit. I'm married to a wonderful husband who supports my "dolly collection" and doesn't threaten to leave when I tend to go a bit overboard with them (or with shoes...although I think I DID see his eye twitch when my Death Trooper Statue notice showed up :lol). I also do volunteer work for the Chicago Horror Society and do some writing & podcasting for online horror sites in my spare time. I love horror hehe.

I'm a 1/6 Star Wars Junkie though; I started collecting back in college (NO - I won't tell you how long ago that was!:nana:) and I just started getting into sculpting. I've done minor customizing before, but it was mainly just minor paint of some hasbro figures, and body/part swaps - nothing even remotely on the same page as anything you all do. But I use to do sculpting & drawing in high school, and I really wanted to give this a shot. I'm sure my first few attempts will be a hot mess, but I'm looking forward to learning and looking at all the new creations (and possibly throwing money at people selling parts I need :D ).

You can click to see my collection here if you like - it's certainly not as impressive as most of yours. However, be warned - I am NOT a professional photographer. Hell, I'm not even a good photographer and I had to use my camera phone because I broke our real camera (long story involving too much wine and a pneumatic slingshot)

Erin "That Ghoul Ava" S.

Back