hello from a long time lurker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr Quimper

Super Freak
Reaction score
I decided to bite the bullet and register on these forums as I've been following them for a while now.

Big time childhood comic fanboy which kicked off when I read Alan Moores run on Swamp Thing. I've got a huge comic collection which mainly revolves around Batman, Hellblazer and anything Garth Ennis or Grant Morrison (Mr Quimber features in "The Invisibles" comics, but due to my bad memory I mis-spelled it when I registered the name on my X-box and it's stuck with me).

Started off my collection with Gentle Giant Star Wars pieces.
I've only got a few which are:
GG Count Dooku and Asajj Ventress
GG Kneeling Darth Vader
GG Boba Fett
GG Delux Storm Trooper
GG Magma Trooper (I know, wtf?)
GG Darth Talon

And it was Darth Talon which put me onto the path of Sideshow. I wasn't really into SS much because I don't like my statues having clothes. My opinion was that it made them look like toys for grown ups.

....and then I saw the Black Cat PF. Holy Moly! I had to own her.
And i did. And then discovered that SS had new DC line. And I am in heaven (although severly poor because of it).

Having the PF in hand made me realise how misguided I was and how awesome some of the sideshow pieces are. I now have a few pieces on pre-order via a retailer in the UK (sadly all reg editions but beggars can't be choosers). All the DC Premium Formats with the exception of the Green Latern as I was never a fan, Baby doll PF and the Darth Maul Mythos.

Roll on 2 weeks the my Joker PF arrives :blissy

Last edited:
wavesmile.gif
:welcome1: to the :FREAK: Show, Mr Quimper! :duff
wavesmile.gif

Back