Premium Format Hellboy (Comic Book Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got some dusting to do before Friday.

b12e48ac41150d88cefe4c6e04b2bed2.jpg

b26c51fbc2d3153f53eb40ee706ccd49.jpg

While it's true there are pics that show a beefier Hellboy, for the most part he has always been portrayed as pretty lean.

Image_60.jpg

Image_18.jpg

Image_24.jpg

These and many more are taken from Mike's own site.

Your comments suggesting those liking this are just blindly buying with no appreciation of the source material are equally offensive.

Dammit I cant wait until Thursday!

I have to confess that I PO'd this when I first started collecting statues... I got sucked into the idea of flipping and bought 2 EX's. I since have stopped trying to do that, because I learned more about the hobby etc... That being said, I am so happy this turned out good. I will flip that extra one now :) MWAHAHAHAHA!

Even mignola draws HB with varying features.

That's the point.

I don't think there's a 'standard' HB (art).

Mignola_zps5bc467a6.jpg

16892-1_zps877a5ca8.jpg

Having said that, my minor nitpick after seeing the initial pics (in comparison to the proto) is the darker shadow on his abs and the lighter colour of his belt. Other than that, he came out exactly the way he was shown to us in 2013.

Well, I too have been reading Hellboy for years and could confidently point out mignolas art out of a lineup and hell, I even have a Hellboy/BPRD themed arm sleeve tattoo and a portrait tattoo of perlman HB and I think this statue looks to be one of the best Hellboy collectibles going. I think his appearance looks fantastic. I will definitely say that this isn't me being a fanboy. I have no problems calling out what I believe to be a bad looking statue.

I'm excited as hell to get him tomorrow.

I could have sworn that, within this thread, we have discussed, at length, that this is an artist's interpretation of Mignola's work, not an emulation. If you want "spot on" Hellboy you need to buy the Mezco comic figures or Bowen's releases and avoid everything else. For me, a devout, some would say obsessive, Hellboy collector this statue is a must buy (so much in fact I have purchased 2 to display the swap out features). I am in no way saying anyone's opinion is incorrect. In the end, it is the question of whether or not you want to purchase it. I love seeing different takes on my favorite character and I find it frustrating when individuals base their opinion solely on Mike's body of work and not the multitude of other artists that have rendered their vision of this character.

Yeah the options are pretty awesome. Between the coat, 2 left hands and 2 heads, you've got 8 displays options if my math is correct.

Back