Premium Format Hellboy (Comic Book Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: New Hellboy PF

ladies and gentlemen, I'm afraid this will have to cost $600 a pop. :rotfl

HellboyPF.jpg

Looks great, more Mignola style :yess:

OH CRAP! I am Really Digging This, Great Post; Canny

So many dumb comments in this thread,What kind of retard doesnt recognize mignolia's style ?!?!? :duh

I just hate poseurs and fair weather fans.

I know of the character. But just not of the in depth comic knowledge that you know of him. So, I guess that makes me a poseur or fair weather fan as you call it, or even better a retard for better words. I guess I can't appreciate the detail and beauty of the statue without reading hellboy comics. Thats good to know, I will just move on from this piece then. Good to know in this hobby you can't appreciate the details and art of the statues and not know its mignolias style with out being labeled a retard or poseur...Please get over yourself.

It's Mignola alright, but might be more Mignola with more shading a la the Batman BW statue. But then again, not too much shading, lest it turns into one of those horrid amateur custom statues

I will have this. Looks fantastic. Love, love the base.

I'm on the fence.
He looks great but I've never read the comics...

I'm on the fence.
He looks great but I've never read the comics...

They have the first digi vol on sale at Amazon currently. Good time to start! ;)

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/Hellboy-Volume-Seed-Destruction-ebook/dp/B00A820Y6U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1374166552&sr=8-1&keywords=Hellboy+kindle[/ame]

It looks a wee bit too clean and smooth to really fully capture that great Mignola character, but I've been dreaming of a comic version Hellboy PF for years and I'll defo be getting this.
And to however said the Hellboy comics that aren't drawn by Mignola are meh, you're just wrong. :)
The Hellboy comic is consistently great and if you want to get into em start at the beginning, with the first trade or pick up the first Hellboy library edition, that holds the first two trades in one glorious oversized volume, that makes the amazing artwork even more drool worthy-great value for money too.

I humbly disagree with your opinion disagreeing with my opinion that hellboy comics not written and drawn by Mignola being meh. I think the Mignola style art and Mignola style story/plot go hand in hand. If you take one away then the impact is not the same and it just doesn't feel like hellboy anymore.

The more I see the hellboy PF the more I think it is awesome. I think this is the only piece from comicon that I need! Are there any high resolution, multi angle pics other than the ones on this thread?

Swap-out head or swap-out horns?

Actually, I'd like a third portrait choice; current in-Hell version.
Spoiler Spoiler:

Ohh man, Anung Un Rama will be mine!!!

Talking about comics and art, been trying to look for this HC for a long time, but haven't been able to find one at a sane price.

6710686515_3c4736693a_z_zpsfe6370c9.jpg

How much are they going for? I may be willing to sell mine for a decent price.

Back