Premium Format Hellboy (Comic Book Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sure about the gallery? I haven't gone through the tpb in a long time and I don't have them lying around. The Library Ed has early Hellboy concept art and a ton of sketches.

I have the tpb and the first vol has some early Hellboy concept art, including a 2-3 pg short that Mignola did to introduce Hellboy at a show/convention. I believe the section is titled "Where Did Hellboy Come From?" But I don't have the Library Ed. so I don't know if there is "ton of sketches", comparatively. :dunno

Mmmmm look around maybe you can get it cheaper. I got all 6 for 180 shipped. Look at cheapgrafficnovelscom. I'm sure you can find the books at about $30 a piece, even on the bay..

Thanks for the tip. Guess I will look around a bit more. :)

I'm not sure about the gallery? I haven't gone through the tpb in a long time and I don't have them lying around. The Library Ed has early Hellboy concept art and a ton of sketches.

Thanks. So maybe someone who has both, TPB and LE will be able to throw some light on what skillet said.

That sounds like a good deal. Link, please.

So is the 6 LE encompass the 12 vol. tpb?

He won't tell, else someone else or I will get it. :D

In a nutshell:

HB_TB_LE.png

Thanks for the comparison. I always thought it was 1 to 1 vol. and wondered why they stopped at 6. :slap

Yeah, I probably paid $15/vol for the tpb so $190 for all six LE's would be a good get.

Is there a specific/proper order to read the stories in? I notice that the TPB and the LE have different orders.

Is there a specific/proper order to read the stories in? I notice that the TPB and the LE have different orders.

The library editions are in order (for the most part).

I love that this statue has sparked an interest for many people to read the comics. :)

I love that this statue has sparked an interest for many people to read the comics. :)

Me too! :hi5:

I'll admit, I haven't read them all, having read most of BPRD during my heyday of comic collecting. Question for you Mack: How many Plague of Frogs HCs are there? I've got three in my stacks...

Question for fury or mack or anyone else,

I have all six Library editions of Hellboy, and all 4 Plague of Frogs BPRD hardcovers, but there are still so many BPRD paperbacks out there. How do I know which ones I should get, and is there a reading order for these as well?

Just a quick search gives me:
BPRD volumes 1-?
Hell on earth volumes 1-?
Midnight Circus

Is the main BPRD volume series collected in Plague of Frogs? I can't keep up! Thanks for any help!

Question for fury or mack or anyone else,

I have all six Library editions of Hellboy, and all 4 Plague of Frogs BPRD hardcovers, but there are still so many BPRD paperbacks out there. How do I know which ones I should get, and is there a reading order for these as well?

Just a quick search gives me:
BPRD volumes 1-?
Hell on earth volumes 1-?
Midnight Circus

Is the main BPRD volume series collected in Plague of Frogs? I can't keep up! Thanks for any help!

Curious about this too if anyone can help.

It truly has for me. I really enjoyed seed of destruction and wake the devil stories when I first saw the move and got inspired to read the books, but I never followed up. Now I'm really hooked and I got this PF coming. Never been a bigger fan in my life.

This statue reignited my love for all things HB... that's prolly why I dropped about $500 on hellboy goodies this month, lmao had to fill in some gaps.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

The library editions are in order (for the most part).

Oh no! My OCD! My OCD!!!! :panic::lol
What do you mean for the most part?

Also for me it has done it as well. I was always curious in HB because everyone raved about it but I only saw the first movie and never took the plunge.... only the statue was announced.

Back