He is also the Law - 1/6 VTS Justice Judge

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yet another review, and the first one where the belt is properly futzed:

122540pmqnnzkibmk0ihlm.jpg

forum.php
122539ahe2xeppz44ou0we.jpg

122531arug8b35pzvy25fv.jpg

https://bbs.bbicn.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=347427&extra=page%3D1

Might be a new body swap when mine arrives. He looks way too tall.

Dredd is supposed to be tall. His comic book height is 6' 2" I think.

The film took pains to make Stallone appear taller.

judgedredd_0526.jpg

judgedredd_0458.jpg

judgedredd_0896.jpg

Depends whether the figure is going to represent Stallone in costume, or the character of Dredd as portrayed by Stallone.

Really looking forward to this release, they've done a great job with the accuracy. My only nitpick is the gold being very dull. Gold plating would really make these parts pop. Stallones sole lifts were ridiculously high as you can see in the last pic so the movie height is preferable 😆

Just managed to get an order into KG hobby as I missed the original pre-order years ago. It costs £5 more now but for £138 shipped to the UK I think it's a fair price for this figure. Not my favourite version of Dredd but it will go in well with the AF and 3A ones I have as well as the VTS Anderson and bike, just couldn't resist! :)

I'm going to modify the neutral headsculpt to fit the helmet. I won't ever display Dredd without his helmet so it seems a shame to not put it to use.

Just managed to get an order into KG hobby as I missed the original pre-order years ago. It costs £5 more now but for £138 shipped to the UK I think it's a fair price for this figure. Not my favourite version of Dredd but it will go in well with the AF and 3A ones I have as well as the VTS Anderson and bike, just couldn't resist! :)

Yeah I have to admit I was never too familiar with the character before the 2012 movie, but after just getting the AF figure I've been kind of wanting a more classic-style Dredd to display alongside him.

Ideally I'd prefer something closer to the comic, but the 3A is just a bit too stylized and cartoony for my taste, and this one seems like it might fit better with my overall collection...

Yeah I have to admit I was never too familiar with the character before the 2012 movie, but after just getting the AF figure I've been kind of wanting a more classic-style Dredd to display alongside him.

Ideally I'd prefer something closer to the comic, but the 3A is just a bit too stylized and cartoony for my taste, and this one seems like it might fit better with my overall collection...

It's funny as the 3A one is the closest to the comic version of Dredd but it doesn't quite work as well for me as the AF one for some reason. Don't get me wrong, I still love it but maybe I just like the more realistic approach as a 12" figure. I still prefer the smaller 3A judge and dark judges to the Mezco one's although the Mezco B&W one and Lawmaster are pretty sweet to look at.

The end of the day any version of Dredd is all good by me and hopefully we'll get more on offer once the Mega City 1 series starts up.

I'm interested in seeing how the base body looks. I have a body that I have in mind to use but may just leave as is. It's growing on me.

Just thinking out loud, I've got some black hand pegs to swap out as the glove / wrist articulation shows the wrist peg . This way it disguises the join better. I'm thinking of gently heating the sides of the helmet to bring it closer to the face , slimming it down a little. Looking forward to getting this once the Chinese New year ends.

The head sculpt and different gold coloring make this look pretty cartoony to me. Proto looked darn good. I dunno, I think VTS has missed the mark on the last couple releases that I had been interested in—Anderson and Furiosa. Interested to see some in-hand pics of this but definitely a pass for me with the changes. They don’t really seem to be on the upward trajectory I expected after their Max figure, but I hear that people are liking the Assassin’s Creed stuff so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back