HCG Terminator 2 T-800 Brain Chip Replica

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can someone please give me the measurements of the HCG chip.

H x W x D of the complete unit including the base please.

Cheers mate

What is the overall measurements of the actual unit with base mate , sorry for confusion did not mean just the chip.

H x W x D in cms mate cheers buddy

16 cm x 25 cm x 16.2 cm

That plaque is too busy.

agreed,still nice tho

The chip is not very sharp, it has some fine paint spills and the gold is a bit too shiny. The plaque itself is ok, maybe a bit too busy indeed with the 2 lower rows, but that is not a big problem. I don;t like the way the lights turin on and off, you need to take off the acrylic cylinder and push the 2 lateral buttons to turn on/off the blue LEDs and then put it back on the support. Who was the idiot designing this system? Why not a separate button elsewhere and thus no need to take off the flask each time you want to play with lights.

I changed the batteries in mine, the ones that came with worked fine, but I usually go for better batteries for all my collectibles. This way I'm not too afraid of them leaking. For AA and AAA I only work with Energizer, Duracell or Varta batteries, and for small watch batteries only with Renata. Renata are high quality batteries made in Switzerland for their Swiss watches.

Cool prop, but why the hell are they calling it a "brain chip" :dunno

when it's a neural net processor, a learning computer :exactly::cuckoo:
:lol

how do the batteries come out, I haven't tried with mine. Do you just unscrew the buttons off?

I heard others have magnets. Mine doesn't have them, but it has some small obstruction on one side which doesn't allow the battery compartment to fall off. The included batteries are low quality Chinese batteries which I'd be afraid to leave in. I replaced them with 3 Renata ones and works like a charm.

Thanks buddy I can sort out a case for it now before it arrives

Glad to help. Be careful when you handle it, there will be a lot of fingerprints on the black acrylic base. I also replaced the 4 crappy furniture pads on the bottom, with some professional ones.

Comparison between Russ Replicas (RB Replicas) and the Hollywood Collector's Gallery (HCG) Terminator 2 Brain Chip CPU:

comparisonrbreplicashcg.jpg

HCG Pros:

- blue light-up display tube (really cool)
- black acrylic base
- cool numbered plaque
- swiveling holder
- low price

HCG Cons:

- CPU chip looks cheap with paint spills and weird gold paint
- resin stand
- acrylic tube
- uncomfortable way of turning the LEDs on/off
- no assembly guide (needed at first for the lights)

RB Pros:

- solid aluminum body
- swiveling aluminum holder
- glass tube
- rubber o-rings
- solid brass CPU chip
- cool plaque
- hex key included

RB Cons:

- no lights
- some of he holder parts could have been more rounded
- high price

You get what you pay for.Even with the lights and lower price,I prefer the Russ one.

Since some people said the Russ Replicas (RB Replicas) CPU chip didn't have blue lights, here is an easy thing to do - a cheap puck light, where a good friend of mine simply replaced the 3 white LEDs with blue ones - sorry for the crappy pic, but you get an idea:

hp0c.jpg

It is a simple puck light attached with velcro on the top of the shelf there over the CPU Chip. The white LEDs are replaced with blue ones.

Similar puck lights with these, but with black body:

lgbj381gb.jpg

The lighting of the original prop also came from outside and not with lights from within as seen on the HCG version. :)

Got this today as a gift from the wife for christmas, looks awesome however it came broken in a sealed box:slap The base was cracked off and one LED light don't work:gah:

Hopefully I can get a replacement soon:panic:

Back