HCG P2 Cutting Disc in hand pics/thoughts!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaijuboy

Super Freak
Reaction score
Not directly sideshow related, but I thought some of you might like this.

My HCG P2 cutting disc (#101) arrived today, so I thought Id share some in-hand thoughts/pics.

First off, the thing is quite large. I wear large gloves and you can see in the pics how my hand compares to the Predator's :horror . I can hold the disc in its closed position, but my hand is too small to extend/expand the disc single-handedly. :slap

Detail is great with great copper look complete with weathering and oxidization, and the lighting is fantastic. There is a battery compartment that has a magnetically held door on the top, which I had to discover due to no instructions.

Build-wise, the disc is sturdy, but definitely has that "prop" feel, so I wouldnt go swinging it around like a toy :D . It feels strangely fragile in its "open" position (as if the connecting parts/openings are too loose and need some some padding/thickening/something), and oddly enough the two extension bars in the middle do not seem painted from the top view. Both of these can be remedied with a few quick fixes, but are things to make a note of regardless.

Overall though, I am VERY pleased with this and it will go great with my P2 spear and upcoming P2 bio. Who knew it would only take almost 20 years to get a fully functioning (minus the cutting people function) P2 disc! :joy

Didn't know what to think about this piece at first, but it turned
out to be quite nice..Congrats!!!

i dont know, the disk looks awesome, but the hand looks like it could use a tan :rolleyes: not a bad price though

It looks good man, Im thinking about getting this piece...

Do it Stag! I thought surely you of all people would have already had this on order! ;) I came really close to canceling it due to my recent "Quest for the 1/1 Endo", and I'm really glad I didnt. It turned out real well, and I dont think we'll ever really see a better cutting disc. I do have a few minor "tweaks" planned though (more on that later ;) )...

And call me crazy, but I think this is going to disappear like the P2 spear or the MR motion detector. Dont know why, but it seems that "props" tend to stay in peoples collections, while statues/etc tend to migrate around.

i dont know, the disk looks awesome, but the hand looks like it could use a tan :rolleyes: not a bad price though

You could easily just hang the disc on the wall as-is on 2 small coat hangers, and it would still look awesome. :D

I like the hand though, its huge and gives you a great sense of the Pred's size, kind of like when you first see a Pred bust in real life...

I didn't think I would like this, but I do. The lighting makes it awesome! How/where do you replace the batteries?

Ohh nice pictures looking very much forward - just received a mail that my order is shipped :)

Sorry, I'm going back through threads, don't mean to "Zombie" a thread, but this looks so good, when I can I will try to get this piece. Love the lights!

One of my personal faves in my Predator collection!
z_top.jpg
z_cutting_disc_bottom.jpg
z_DSC02329.jpg
z_DSC02326.jpg
z_hand_front.jpg
z_hand_back.jpg

z_cutting_disc1.jpg

Never mind the Disc! I cant believe how bad the paint on the Preds hand is! I know its only a base but make an effort!

Wow, I started this thread a year and a half ago! :wave

Well, since then I made a little modification ;) , here's a video with the gears rigged to work (they do not on the original piece)

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/R9VdPr7nrdk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
Back