HCG 1:1 Alien Statue!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Roms, I read post that you somewhat prefer the Alien Lifesize from MonsterGalaxy compared to the HCG version. Care to elaborate on this?

Roms, I read post that you somewhat prefer the Alien Lifesize from MonsterGalaxy compared to the HCG version. Care to elaborate on this?

Well... I am no expert when it comes to SCI-FI Collectibles (especially the ALIEN LIFESIZE)... since I am more into SUPERHERO/ COMIC Collectibles.

And I have never seen the MageeFx ALIEN LIFESIZE (as seen from MonsterGalaxy) so I really have no actual basis whatsoever when it comes to this version of Alien... BUT based on the ff: pictures (as seen in the internet), Descriptions/ Specifications, & Informations given to me by one of the agent of MageeFx, these are just some of my personal findings:

PROS of the MageeFx Alien
* POSE: I like that it is not just standing still BUT it looks as if it is about to attack someone.
* MOUTH AREA: I like that it appears somewhat WET... with "DRIPPING SALIVA" look.
* ALIEN HEIGHT: Given that the Base is just a Thin Layer Wood (1 inch Height), the MageeFx Alien Statue's Height w/o the base is 7ft & 6inches... while the HCG Version is just 7ft & 2.5 inches only (without the 6.5inches base)
* TAIL: Made of Steel Armature (Armature wire in tail) which makes it POSEABLE.

CONS of the MageeFx Alien
* BASE: Made of just Thin-Layer of Plain Wood. The Base of the HCG Version looks so much better & comes Lighted.
* MATERIALS USED: Made of Resin and Rigid Foam Head. Unlike the HCG Version, it is made of Durable Fiberglass, which based on experience, tends to be more STURDY & more DURABLE over the years... when it comes to Lifesize Statues.
* NOT OFFICIALLY LICENSED: The MageeFx ALIEN is not Licensed. It is just sold as a custom piece of art which is why it is named... "the 8th Passenger" to cover MageeFx on the license.
* CANNOT BE DISMANTLED: Aside from its TAIL, The MageeFx ALIEN comes in 1 WHOLE PIECE. For some reason, I always prefer LIFESIZE STATUES that can be dismantled... which is why i LOVE Studio Oxmox Lifesize Statues.

--------------------

PROS of the HCG Alien
* CAN BE DISMANTLED: Head, Body, Legs/Feet/Tail, Left Arm, & Right Arm.
* BASE: Comes with a great looking BASE with LIGHTS.
* OFFICIALLY LICENSED: derived from the H. R. Giger ALIEN Xenomorph original molds used to create the original Alien costume.
* MATERIALS USED: Made of DURABLE FIBERGLASS.
* OVERALL HEIGHT: Because of the 6.5 inches BASE, & the 87 inches ALIEN... add them together and you have a "TOWERING 93.5 INCHES (7.8ft) ALIEN LIFESIZE".

CONS of the HCG Alien
* POSE: The POSE is nothing special... just standing STRAIGHT and appears to be somewhat STIFF. (Maybe it will look great if displayed in a corner or sideview)
* MOUTH AREA: For me it's too plain... if this is just a BUST then it's okay. But being a Full Body Lifesize Statue, it would have been great if it comes with a "DRIPPING SALIVA MOUTH LOOK" like the MageeFx Version.
* TAIL: Although you can move the TAIL around a little... IT IS NOT POSEABLE like the MageeFx Version.

Again... these are my Personal Opinion & Analysis based on the available data that i have. :)

Last edited:
It looks great!
But I still think no one has gotten the Giger mouth and jaw shape correct, at least in my opinion.
Cool pics though, next best thing to ordering one.

I saw this at EBAY today...

a 24-inch GIGER ALIEN KIT based from the 1979 classic Ridley Scott film (by MARMIT JAPAN):

https://cgi.ebay.com/MARMIT-ALIEN-F...ultDomain_0?hash=item27aed6230e#ht_4703wt_958

marmit3.jpg

Except for it's customized paint... It looks hauntingly very very SIMILAR to HCG ALIEN LIFESIZE:

*The POSE
*The THICK FEET SOLES which looks as if they are in TIP TOE POSITION (appears to be slanting a little forward)
*The LEGS & KNEES almost TOUCHING EACH OTHER
*The ARMS with its HUGE HANDS (very very similar with the HCG when in their downright position)
*Etc.

This is exactly what I have... only LIFESIZE!

I think I was wrong not to like the POSE/LOOK in the 1ST PLACE.... Maybe if collectors do want an AUTHENTIC 1979 Ridley Scott’s masterpiece GIGER ALIEN XENOMORPH... then this is really BEST ALIEN LIFESIZE to BUY already! (well that is, aside from the movie-used original Alien Xenomorph) :D

Last edited:
thanks for the breakdown ROMS

I've always been partial to the MAGEE FX alien, but it's interesting to hear it's not officially licensed.

thanks for the breakdown ROMS

I've always been partial to the MAGEE FX alien, but it's interesting to hear it's not officially licensed.

You're Welcome.

I kind of figured it out already when I went to the MageeFx website and saw the name "The 8th passenger instead of Giger Alien". But I still got CONFIRMATION from an Agent of MageeFx that it is truly NOT AN OFFICIALLY LICENSED released product.

Also, I really made a list of the "PROS & CONS" of the 2 ALIEN LIFESIZE so that I know for myself whether I made the "right judgment call" of purchasing the HCG Version Lifesize or not.

But I am seriously considering purchasing the MageeFx PREDATOR LIFESIZE because this is OFFICALLY LICENSED which is made from Original STAN WINSTON MOLDS.

:)

Last edited:
I beleive the body of the Magee Fx Alien is made out of Foam filled Latex, only the Head is made out of resin, I saw an Alien being made when I picked up my lifesize Predator last year...

I beleive the body of the Magee Fx Alien is made out of Foam filled Latex, only the Head is made out of resin, I saw an Alien being made when I picked up my lifesize Predator last year...

I think you are correct!

By the way, any "comments" regarding MageeFx LIFESIZE PREDATOR? Are you happy with it? Any problems on the materials used, Etc.?

Last edited:
Congrats, roms :clap :rock

The alien looks great...really like the lighted base :cool:

and thanks for promoting the marmit I have on ebay :D

btw-
I have the magee alien and absolutely love it...
the pose and height are breathtaking. The base is rather simple, yes..but I dont' mind that- the alien kicks serious ass.
Just a note- he used real chrome on the teeth..a really nice touch!

room.jpg

roms-
looking forward on seeing the predator when you get it :duff

Congrats, roms :clap :rock

The alien looks great...really like the lighted base :cool:

and thanks for promoting the marmit I have on ebay :D

btw-
I have the magee alien and absolutely love it...
the pose and height are breathtaking. The base is rather simple, yes..but I dont' mind that- the alien kicks serious ass.
Just a note- he used real chrome on the teeth..a really nice touch!

roms-
looking forward on seeing the predator when you get it :duff

WOW! You have an AWESOME room!

Do you have any "COMMENTS" regarding your MageeFx ALIEN & PREDATOR?

I heard some negative comments on them at the other FORUM... not on their looks...BUT on the MATERIALS that was used on them: LATEX & POLYFOAM. A couple of collectors who owned them said that they begin to "DRY UP & CRACK" in just a couple of years time. Did the same thing happened to yours?

Last edited:
WOW! You have an AWESOME room!

Do you have any "COMMENTS" regarding your MageeFx ALIEN & PREDATOR?

I heard some negative comments on them at the other FORUM... not on their looks...BUT on the MATERIALS that was used on them: LATEX & POLYFOAM. A couple of collectors who owned them said that they begin to "DRY UP & CRACK" in just a couple of years time. Did the same thing happened to yours?

Thank-you Sir..

I have no complaints about the alien and predator..
I've had them multiple years now..probably 3 or 4 and they look just as good as new! I dust them every so often and always check to make sure there are no cracks...I haven't found any!

I think you are correct!

By the way, any "comments" regarding MageeFx LIFESIZE PREDATOR? Are you happy with it? Any problems on the materials used, Etc.?

No complaints, I have just heard alot of negative comments about Latex but mine is as good as new, I was gonna sell it a while back but decided to keep it, I also have a Lifesize Predator just like the MaGee Pred but made out of Resin, saving up cash to have it finished...

Hi I just like to introduce myself. My name is Mike, some people may or may not know me. I am Pats agent, (MageeFX) I do go throught the net from time to time just to read stuff. I deal with all Pats affairs reguarding all hsi figures. i would like to set the story straight for some of you, just for info.

First off if you have seen his stuff on E bay its his stuff. I do list stuff for Pat thats my job, when you buy them from e bay he gets paid, or the company. I have had some idiots on the other board complain about pricing. Let me just say, OF COURSE its higher on ebay. If you buy it on ebay and pay by paypal its higher, becaus eof fees, We eat those fees we have to be accountable for them, so yes its priced higher. A $5000 figure eats almost 850 when its all siad and done, we make nothing on it. So to clear that up, its always cheaper to buy direct nd pay direct of course.

Next On Latex, nothign last for ever, not even the human life, but if you follow the simple maintenance rules on alatex figure it should last 20 to 25 years maybe longer. Stuff breaks because pf people, not the material. i have clients who have had aliens and preds for 15 years their as good as new. I have friends who have Don Post original calendars from 60's that are near mint. Close its 60's come on. So its simple maintance which I can go into later but its not rocket science. As far as Resin, or Fiberglass, sure it could be done like that but Latex is the cheapest material, it be double in Fiberglass the molds are different. Silicone you can tripple it. So You must understand stuff first. 99.9% of our clients are happy never ever had issues. 1 so called had an issue than he was a cheap sob, anyway, refused to pay price on ebay so i said well buy it direct pick it up, NP there, but were not giving them away or losing money, on you or anyone.

Pat does film work for a living so these are a bomus to collectors, any other studio in LA would be crazy in money. We can keep cost down, compared to others. Were pretty cheap. The Pred is ours and licensed, he worked on the film with Stan, and then bought the molds from him. Anyone who says they are making Preds from the original molds are lieing, we own them straight from Stan Winston!

Next bases can always be custom made we make the cheap one just wood because its cheap, the Alien already expensive and to add something custom takes labor, time, materials, but anything can be made.

If you ahve seen our new crouching Alien or Predator on ebay you see those bases. Their also alot more in price they take twice as long to make. That alien took 6 months to sculpt from scratch clay.

Anything can be bought direct off ebay by simple email [email protected] Pats does films so all company emails get routed to me anyway thats what he pays me for. Has nothing to do with middleman as some idiot in LV thinks, i get paid no matter what haha. I just try to make life simple for him and the clients as any FX guy, actor, sports person, or someone in music does simple.

Hope that clears everythign up. Any complaints or comments please feel free to email me anytime Thanks Mike/ Magee FX

wish one day i can get the AWIL wolf from pat

i sent u PM Mike. :wink1:

thanks

Hi I just like to introduce myself. My name is Mike, some people may or may not know me. I am Pats agent, (MageeFX) I do go throught the net from time to time just to read stuff. I deal with all Pats affairs reguarding all hsi figures. i would like to set the story straight for some of you, just for info.

First off if you have seen his stuff on E bay its his stuff. I do list stuff for Pat thats my job, when you buy them from e bay he gets paid, or the company. I have had some idiots on the other board complain about pricing. Let me just say, OF COURSE its higher on ebay. If you buy it on ebay and pay by paypal its higher, becaus eof fees, We eat those fees we have to be accountable for them, so yes its priced higher. A $5000 figure eats almost 850 when its all siad and done, we make nothing on it. So to clear that up, its always cheaper to buy direct nd pay direct of course.

Next On Latex, nothign last for ever, not even the human life, but if you follow the simple maintenance rules on alatex figure it should last 20 to 25 years maybe longer. Stuff breaks because pf people, not the material. i have clients who have had aliens and preds for 15 years their as good as new. I have friends who have Don Post original calendars from 60's that are near mint. Close its 60's come on. So its simple maintance which I can go into later but its not rocket science. As far as Resin, or Fiberglass, sure it could be done like that but Latex is the cheapest material, it be double in Fiberglass the molds are different. Silicone you can tripple it. So You must understand stuff first. 99.9% of our clients are happy never ever had issues. 1 so called had an issue than he was a cheap sob, anyway, refused to pay price on ebay so i said well buy it direct pick it up, NP there, but were not giving them away or losing money, on you or anyone.

Pat does film work for a living so these are a bomus to collectors, any other studio in LA would be crazy in money. We can keep cost down, compared to others. Were pretty cheap. The Pred is ours and licensed, he worked on the film with Stan, and then bought the molds from him. Anyone who says they are making Preds from the original molds are lieing, we own them straight from Stan Winston!

Next bases can always be custom made we make the cheap one just wood because its cheap, the Alien already expensive and to add something custom takes labor, time, materials, but anything can be made.

If you ahve seen our new crouching Alien or Predator on ebay you see those bases. Their also alot more in price they take twice as long to make. That alien took 6 months to sculpt from scratch clay.

Anything can be bought direct off ebay by simple email [email protected] Pats does films so all company emails get routed to me anyway thats what he pays me for. Has nothing to do with middleman as some idiot in LV thinks, i get paid no matter what haha. I just try to make life simple for him and the clients as any FX guy, actor, sports person, or someone in music does simple.

Hope that clears everythign up. Any complaints or comments please feel free to email me anytime Thanks Mike/ Magee FX

Back