HCG 1:1 Alien bust customizing project

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sabres21768

Super Freak
Reaction score
Reverend, from The Hive (and master customizer) has taken on a truly enormous project.

He's going to be customizing (getting rid of that horrible "horse" mouth) and repainting the 1:1 HCG Alien bust.

You can follow the progress here:

https://www.thehiveforum.net/forum/index.php/topic,7803.msg52823.html#msg52823

Here's a wip shot...

DSC01905.jpg

Should have been "right" to begin with. Bitter about losing my deposit. I will watch for updates on this.

Updated wip pic...

(this is after 4 hours of work...Reverend is a MACHINE!)

DSC01925.jpg

Sabes, could you ask the gentleman if he made any attempt to remove the clear dome? And if so, was it easy? If not, does he think it's possible?

Sabes, could you ask the gentleman if he made any attempt to remove the clear dome? And if so, was it easy? If not, does he think it's possible?

He did not remove the dome as he could not figure out how to without damaging the bust too much.

It's so ugly, it's gorgeous... Awesome paintup. Love the wispy blue dome effects!

Yep, the Rev certainly knows his stuff. Fine work indeed. Although it kinda gets me frustrated all over again that HCG got it so wrong in the first place. It was such a good opportunity to give us this:

marmit2.jpg

but instead we got this:

godfatherhorseheadjackw.jpg

Back