Hasbro has had it's great moments...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Funny, I still own this after all these years. Just seeing those pics just re-inforced my reason for keeping it.

Customikey said:
A ... Hasbro repaint from my college days....
tauntaun1qt4.jpg

Cool! Really brings out the Tauntauns' "shaggy-ness"
Did you ever take a stab at re-painting the Hoth Han to go with it?

MaulFan said:
Sidious was well done, but for the smile, a little too happy, but the detail in the head was phenomenal. I would have liked to own a Taun Taun, but I was younger when they came out and not having a Job and going off an allowance, they were a bit out of budget.

I wonder who the sculptors were for the Hasbro stuff? Especially Dooku, jango and even Qui Gon, which I thought was always a pretty decent sculpt.

Customikey said:
A couple of Hasbro repaints from my college days....

tauntaun1qt4.jpg

dookuqe8.jpg

Hasbro did some really amazing figures, no doubt. The quality was just all over the place. Zam Wessel anyone?

I'm repainting a C-3PO to go with Jabba. That should be fun...

Customikey, that Dooku looks AWESOME! Your repaint is on the money, that Dooku can stand side by side with Sideshow anyday. I have one my self and I'm thinking of swapping him on a taller Sideshow body, but I'm afraid that the sleeves might be too short.

That was one Hasbro that truly hit the mark, the earlier Hasbro stuff had really been toys, this one was a collectible. I picked one up for $11, well worth it, other than the height issue. I think that Sideshow is going to eventually out do this one, but it won't be by much.

jedibear said:
Cool! Really brings out the Tauntauns' "shaggy-ness"
Did you ever take a stab at re-painting the Hoth Han to go with it?

I did, but I don't have pics. It was good weathering work, although I made the mistake of cutting the fringe around his hood a little too short. And there was no saving that sculpt.

Darthrazz said:
Customikey, that Dooku looks AWESOME! Your repaint is on the money, that Dooku can stand side by side with Sideshow anyday. I have one my self and I'm thinking of swapping him on a taller Sideshow body, but I'm afraid that the sleeves might be too short.

They would be too short. I used a 21st Century Super Soldier body and just pulled the feet out of the legs a little to give him added height. It worked pretty well, but the sleeves still ended up being a touch short. I was super-proud of that paintwork. Subtle skintones for the first time in my "career." I was very happy. THe sculpt was magnificent. I have a feeling he was scanned. Ditto Jango.

Customikey said:
...I have a feeling he was scanned. Ditto Jango.

They were scanned...Hasbro made a big deal during the AOTC push about using the "realscan" tech for their figures.

Worked great on Dooku, Jango and Obi-Wan. Not so hot on Anakin, Padme, Zam and everything else...

I was tempted to get Zam so I could customize her with a different body/head, etc.

Then I realized....I HATE Zam Wessel. She's a supremely stupid character. The shape shifting served NO purpose!! If she can shapeshift, why not pose as a handmaiden to get at Padme, for god's sakes!!! Why not disguise yourself in the bar? Why not pretend to be Anakin when she sneaks up on Kenobi (he wouldn't have been fooled, but it would have been cool!) Hell, why not pose as Padme herself to get past the guards and into her chamber?

They should have just made it Aurra Sing, and fulfilled the promise that we'd see her again after TPM.

Customikey said:
I was tempted to get Zam so I could customize her with a different body/head, etc.

Then I realized....I HATE Zam Wessel. She's a supremely stupid character. The shape shifting served NO purpose!! If she can shapeshift, why not pose as a handmaiden to get at Padme, for god's sakes!!! Why not disguise yourself in the bar? Why not pretend to be Anakin when she sneaks up on Kenobi (he wouldn't have been fooled, but it would have been cool!) Hell, why not pose as Padme herself to get past the guards and into her chamber?

They should have just made it Aurra Sing, and fulfilled the promise that we'd see her again after TPM.

Totally agree. Could agree more. I'm right there with you. Zam is dumb.

Cool outfit though. You should do that custom, Mikey.

Wor-Gar said:
Totally agree. Could agree more. I'm right there with you. Zam is dumb.

Cool outfit though. You should do that custom, Mikey.

I might go back to her if my queue empties out and i have nothing else to do.:rolleyes:

Or if someone commissions it.:D

Yep, Zam sucks. The shapeshifting thing was just an investment for ILM. The prequels brought a lot of good stuff to the table, but it all wasn't used well.

One more "Hoth Han" for the road...

The sun came out today, so I popped another pic on Hasbro Hoth Han & his Tauntaun on the search for Luke...

361740768_f727ce0c60_o.jpg

Yeah, Han's sculpt isn't Sideshow quality, but I still really like this figure and his ride...

(hint, hint, Sideshow...hint, hint! :D )

Back