Hasbro 6" Black Series Star Wars line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my Grand Admiral Thrawn yesterday, the paint on mine is pretty good, it's just hard to tell because of the unusual eye color. Ordering figures blindly online has been working out for me lately. :yess:

I did a couple more repaints this weekend:
C71sVyX.jpg

YfBrQ5F.jpg

I created a thread on the customs forum and will be posting these there from now on.

Amazing Lando! Wish you could paint mine! :clap

For anyone looking for Grand Admiral Thrawn, he's available now at Amazon for retail price:
https://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Bl...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=GXDXK1V7A0EQD332BWMS

So is Hera Syndulla:
https://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Re...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=E4X08Y0X3G9GK9P4XS6Q

Target currently has the Executioner Stormtrooper available too:
https://www.target.com/p/star-wars-...-order-action-figure/-/A-52285314#lnk=sametab

EDIT:

The Toys R Us Exclusive Commander Gree is also available!
https://www.toysrus.com/product?productId=119529496

I would've posted about Gree sooner, but I was busy buying one myself! ;)

Last edited:
Any update on the re-release of 40th Anniversary Han Solo ad R2-D2 state side?

I have pre-ordered for 3rd quarter release on BBTS but have Hasbro confirmed they'll be releasing solid packs of them?

Will the Death Squad Trooper and Jawas be getting re-realeased? I didn't want to get them with the 40th anniversary cards and not want to open them, I'm an opener.

Any update on the re-release of 40th Anniversary Han Solo ad R2-D2 state side?

I have pre-ordered for 3rd quarter release on BBTS but have Hasbro confirmed they'll be releasing solid packs of them?

Consider any vintage Black Series figure production done. Some folks are getting cancellation notices from some retailers.

If you do receive Han and R2, consider yourself very lucky. Hasbro did say they're getting solid cases but it seems very limited. Hopefully BBTS will still get some.

Will the Death Squad Trooper and Jawas be getting re-realeased? I didn't want to get them with the 40th anniversary cards and not want to open them, I'm an opener.

They're supposed to return in the black/red box line. Currently unknown when.

I got out of the black series figures. But the latest Vader has got me. I'm partial to the RO/ANH look.

Just got my SDCC Captain Rex from HasbroShop. It is EASILY one of the best Black Sreries figures ever done. The details and paint apps are just great. Granted he is mostly reuse, but they did a great job. Here is one photo, others have posted more in reviews.

20170925_102707-1.jpg

Just confirmed: The vintage styled 40th Anniversary Black Series wave 2 (Death Squad Commander, Jawa, Tusken Raider, Stormtrooper, Chewbacca, C-3PO) will see another run between the end of this year and early next year due to retailer and fan outcry.

The assortment is currently up for pre-order from BBTS and should be from other retailers as well. I know a good number of folks had their pre-orders cancelled unfortunately, some right before this announcement.

Just confirmed: The vintage styled 40th Anniversary Black Series wave 2 (Death Squad Commander, Jawa, Tusken Raider, Stormtrooper, Chewbacca, C-3PO) will see another run between the end of this year and early next year due to retailer and fan outcry.

The assortment is currently up for pre-order from BBTS and should be from other retailers as well. I know a good number of folks had their pre-orders cancelled unfortunately, some right before this announcement.

Thats really great news for those that missed this wave!

Just got my SDCC Captain Rex from HasbroShop. It is EASILY one of the best Black Sreries figures ever done. The details and paint apps are just great. Granted he is mostly reuse, but they did a great job. Here is one photo, others have posted more in reviews.

View attachment 367882

Looks really great, want one of these so bad!

Good news on the 40th wave 2. Have had my preordered from BBTS since May....and was giving up hope.

Got the gamestop royal guards 4 pack today. Looks like a very impressive set.

Since so many were posting pics of their 6" Vader, i thought i'd add mine too. I trimmed the bottom of the cape about 1/4 inch as it was dragging too much. He truned out awesome though.
IMG_1027.jpg

Back