Hasbro 6" Black Series Star Wars line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Medicom's MAFEX, for comparison
MAFEX-Star-Wars-Darth-Vader.jpg

Ooooh massive edit, I now see the Tamashii one is NOT Figuarts line, it's a model kit line. Wow that's weird, I didn't see that coming. Didn't even know tamashii made model kits. Yeah no there's no Tamashii FiguArts Vader, there's a Tamashii 1/12 scale model kit of vader and a trooper and those are these:
Soul-Nation-Star-Wars-Model-Kit-Vader-and-Stormtroopers.jpg

Could work maybe though, it is 1/12th scale...

Vader does look better. Well hopefully for those with a budget for these they turn out nice. 3/4 shown look pretty good.

Those look like Rebels Stormies, may have to pick a couple up for the hell of it.

I do hope Tamashii is going to change the stormtrooper helmets because they're clearly failing. Although they're bad across the entire Import board so far.

Is Play Arts Kai really going to make star wars stuff too? I haven't seen the faintest inch of anything from them... Man... Disney's whoring this franchise out that's for sure.

play-arts-kai-vader-3.jpg

Yep this is happening...:slap

Ooooh massive edit, I now see the Tamashii one is NOT Figuarts line, it's a model kit line. Wow that's weird, I didn't see that coming. Didn't even know tamashii made model kits. Yeah no there's no Tamashii FiguArts Vader, there's a Tamashii 1/12 scale model kit of vader and a trooper and those are these:

Could work maybe though, it is 1/12th scale...

For the record, Tamashii makes TONS of model kits.

They're bandai.

Hello fellow collectors! :wave

I stopped by my local Walgreens today and finally I was able to get the Boba Fett prototype! :yess:

I know back about a month or two some cases somehow leaked and folks got them early. I talked to the one employee and they said that they only got 2 cases this past weekend of 4 -6 figures of the Boba Fett and that will probably be it.

Anyone really know how limited these going to be?

Those are Figuarts.

These are the model kits (which are not under the Tamashii label):
AmiAmi [Character & Hobby Shop] | Star Wars 1/12 Stormtrooper Plastic Model(Preorder)
AmiAmi [Character & Hobby Shop] | Star Wars 1/12 Darth Vader Plastic Model(Preorder)

This. Tamashii Nations is the collectors division of Bandai (action figures). They do not produce model kits. That's Bandai Hobby. The figures seen above are S.H. Figuarts. However I wouldn't exactly get your hopes up about getting these in the U.S. unless you want to pay a small fortune. The license is only for Japan. We're trying very hard to bring them here but it's looking to be almost impossible unfortunately :/

The best chance you have of getting an S.H. Figuarts Star Wars character will be the Samurai themed ones because they are very unique and don't impede on existing US licensure. We're still working on bringing those here though.

Who cares about PAK lol. Those figures seem to be so inconsistent to me. I picked up the Lara Croft one for a good price on eBay. At 8" it's a decent scale and I was really into the game. I was going to pick up the Medal of Honor Warfighter Preacher, but then I saw it in person at a shop in Manhattan and it was HUGE. So I passed on it. Their Batman series is also HUGE.

Back to Star Wars, yeah the Mafex Vader doesn't look bad. My gf's mother pre ordered it for me for my birthday in August. I'll have to see how he is in person.

This. Tamashii Nations is the collectors division of Bandai (action figures). They do not produce model kits. That's Bandai Hobby. The figures seen above are S.H. Figuarts. However I wouldn't exactly get your hopes up about getting these in the U.S. unless you want to pay a small fortune. The license is only for Japan. We're trying very hard to bring them here but it's looking to be almost impossible unfortunately :/

The best chance you have of getting an S.H. Figuarts Star Wars character will be the Samurai themed ones because they are very unique and don't impede on existing US licensure. We're still working on bringing those here though.

Oh hey Pwn nice to see you still visit here.:)

But, you might wanna inform toyark then, because they mislisted it.

Injustice, Marvel, Star Wars from Tamashii Nations Soul Nation Event - The Toyark - News
^ See that "Star Wars by Bandai" line? says 1/12th articulated model kit... Already thought it was weird for tamashii to make model kits but I trusted toyark's reporting...

So I was in Target last night with my mother doing some Christmas shopping and what do I see in the toy aisle? A bunch of Leia's and Greedo's.....and 1 Boba Fett. "Get the f--- out of here" I said out loud. Seriously, where did that come from?! I was there probably a week to the day ago and saw nothing but Leias and Greedos.

Didn't buy it though. I should've.

Couldn't find a Stormtrooper or Boba Fett in ANY stores, so I just ordered them online for myself for my birthday in August.

Back