Hasbro 6" Black Series Star Wars line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
See, I can't even blame BBTS for scalping anymore. For every figure like the Stormtrooper or Fett that they can mark up, they have at least three that'll possibly have to sell at a loss. Look at Han = $10 and Hasbro is gonna send them more to sell at 50% off. Hasbro must be located on Mars, cause they are pretty out of touch

I doubt they make money off the SW line, and they do offer a case for $20 each. Hoping Hasbro gets wind of their ****e pack ratio and changes it two 2 stormies each

See, I can't even blame BBTS for scalping anymore. For every figure like the Stormtrooper or Fett that they can mark up, they have at least three that'll possibly have to sell at a loss. Look at Han = $10 and Hasbro is gonna send them more to sell at 50% off. Hasbro must be located on Mars, cause they are pretty out of touch

I doubt they make money off the SW line, and they do offer a case for $20 each. Hoping Hasbro gets wind of their ****e pack ratio and changes it two 2 stormies each
Great point, Matt. :) It would be great if Hasbro changes their mind decides to put an extra stormy in the line.

It would just make more sense since the figure is an army builder, after all.

Great point, Matt. :) It would be great if Hasbro changes their mind decides to put an extra stormy in the line.

It would just make more sense since the figure is an army builder, after all.

After years of buying Hasbro lines, I am fairly sure they have no clue what "army builder" even means, because they repeatedly let others cash in on what should be their cash cows. Its like Hasbro stays in business despite its own ineptness.

They really need to get rid of the prequel crap out in this line and stick with original trilogy only..

I would of bought a case,but I am not buying another han and the next peg warmer that your forced to buy in the case,EP3 Obi-crappy-wan..

this wave 3 case should of been...Luke Bespin,2 Stormtroopers and EpIV Obi-wan Ben kenobi

Yeah, had the case been 4 all new - a case of 4 would have been the way to go. Don't get me wrong, I love the line, but Hasbro needs to turn distribution to someone that knows what they are doing.

I think my first purchase into this 6" scale will be Greedo. I've sen the line in stores and have pretty much ignored it. I think part of me feels the $24.99 + tax is not worth it and rather save that money for the next Hot Toys purchase. Darth Vader, Chewbacca...YES! Boba Fett sure but I am not going to hunt him down. I have the SS 1/6 of him already!!!

I think my first purchase into this 6" scale will be Greedo. I've sen the line in stores and have pretty much ignored it. I think part of me feels the $24.99 + tax is not worth it and rather save that money for the next Hot Toys purchase. Darth Vader, Chewbacca...YES! Boba Fett sure but I am not going to hunt him down. I have the SS 1/6 of him already!!!

OR, should you stop wasting money on even more overpriced Hot Toys figures?

Things-That-Make-You-Go-Hmmm-Arsenio-Hall_zps9d029253.jpg

:peace

OR, should you stop wasting money on even more overpriced Hot Toys figures?

Things-That-Make-You-Go-Hmmm-Arsenio-Hall_zps9d029253.jpg

:peace

Over priced...maybe. But I have spent almost 20 years as a adult collecting 3 3/4 to 7 inch scale figures. I have many many boxes of loose and MOC action figures. Today I have lightened up on those purchases and focus on the high end stuff. So every $ matters. Plus my mans room is not cluttered (something I am not a fan of). On a side note I have been to the Arsino Hall show back in the day.....good times.

Last edited:
Over priced...maybe. But I have spent almost 20 years as a adult collecting 3 3/4 to 7 inch scale figures. I have many many boxes of loose and MOC action figures. Today I have lightened up on those purchases and focus on the high end stuff. So every $ matters. Plus my mans room is not cluttered (something I am not a fan of)

I was just kidding, I totally get it. Even I (don't collect HT anymore) am hesitant to order a case of wave 2. I dumped most of my collection about a year ago and have since adopted a "every purchase is permanent" attitude. Makes me think twice. But I do firmly believe I'm getting more bang for my buck out of current 6" scale figures than I ever got out of HT or recent SSC 1/6. Just my 2 cents, I'd never seriously antagonize a fellow collector. Too few grown ups who appreciate scaled plastic people. :peace

I remember when wave 3 was announced as only having 3 figures and everyone assumed that was because they wanted to add 2 Stormtroopers per case and i didn't even question it because it sounded like the rational and smart thing to do.

Now we find out they are packing an extra Solo :rotfl Even a Boba Fett would have made more sense. These people know nothing about the product they are making.

Finally saw S2 the other day, I have to admit I was kind of underwhelmed :slap, I actually thought they could've done the likenesses of Han and Slave Leia better. Even the sculpts on S1 with Luke were more better IMO.

Now granted as usual Boba was the chase figure and I didn't see it but still the Slave Leia and Han were disappointing and those are the two I wanted along with Fett.

Not worth $20.00 each, the paint on Han and Leia is really shotty.:pfft:

If I get these, definitely get them if they on sale only or if I have money to burn which never happens. :gah:

Han isn't bad at all. He's a great looking figure with some great options/weapons.

It's one of their better goes at Ford in my opinion. I thought the scar was a nice touch as well. Leia on the other hand, yeah, pretty bad.

I think the best 5 have been,

- Sandtrooper
- Boba Fett
- Luke
- Greedo
- Solo

I received my set of Series 2. I'm happy with all of them, however my Boba doesn't have any silver paint on the left side of his helmet. I'll be repainting it.

Slave Leia has flat chest and odd smashed in head..huh?
Han looks not even slight resemblemce to HF..another huh?
Greedo looks good- haven't seen Fett!

Back