Hasbro 6" Black Series Star Wars line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll see you again. I promise.

LuGms3R.jpg

Qui-Gon Jinn, Mace Windu and Jar Jar Binks are being rereleased on vintage 99’ Episode I card backs.

Ben Kenobi, Greedo and Jawa are being rereleased on vintage 77’ Star Wars card backs. Supposedly they’re going to be like SDCC Fett, 4-LOM, Zuckuss and the Wampa with Kenner colors.

Qui-Gon Jinn, Mace Windu and Jar Jar Binks are being rereleased on vintage 99’ Episode I card backs.

Ben Kenobi, Greedo and Jawa are being rereleased on vintage 77’ Star Wars card backs. Supposedly they’re going to be like SDCC Fett, 4-LOM, Zuckuss and the Wampa with Kenner colors.

For me this is really good news. I've been trying to get my hands on Qui-Gon and Greedo for a very long time. Almost lost hope.
Also, I will cancel my PO for JJ, since I wasn't gonna display him with that shield anyway.

I'll gladly take a vintage card Greedo, the more of those style the merrier I say. Pass on Kenobi and Jawa though.

Love Greedo.

Ben is neat, but needs a Vader and Luke with yellow lightsaber to accompany him.

Don’t like the Jawa at all. It’s lazy and does nothing for me visually that the previous Jawa didn’t already achieve. If you’re gonna do that, do the vinyl look like Obi-Wan.

What really irks me is the inconsistency of the cardbacks. That 50th anniversary logo is an eyesore and man, they changed the layout of the cardback AGAIN! :lol

9B198B14-1417-4557-9C31-ADCDE36E7BA4.jpeg

I have every anniversary cardback, from the Star Wars 40th 2017 line to last year’s Empire 40th line with every exclusive in between. I’ve been displaying them all in protector cases. This card looks like it’s going to be bigger and the logo font doesn’t even match the other 30+ figures I have.

I don’t think it’s nitpicky or OCD either. How hard is it to keep a consistent look across one line? You got a template, ****ing stick to it. It just comes off as lazy.

And maybe I’m wrong, but who else would prefer throwback cards for the Archive line? If you’re going to rerelease an old Black Series figure, do it in style. Those generic black/white/grey cardbacks are ugly. They JUST put Hoth Han and Hoth Luke on them. You know what would have been cooler? The Kenner cardbacks.

6FB4FD1E-FBCC-47AB-B9A6-564872EE4497.jpg

Hasbro, listen to me. You don’t need an anniversary or a “special” year to sell old figures. You’d have three prospective buyers with my idea if you changed your packaging.

1. collectors who missed out on a figure the first time (which is why Archive even exists)

2. collectors who want an updated figure be it paint deco or improved photo real headsculpt

3. collectors that are vintage nostalgic nuts that will not only buy a loose figure, but a MOC one as well because it looks nice

You would make so much more. The Hoth Han and Hoth Luke in particular just don’t make sense. They could have easily taken Chewbacca and Dagobah Luke’s place on the ESB 40 line considering that same Chewbacca and same Dagobah Luke are still widely available in the two packs with C-3PO and Yoda. Those slots could have been for those two AND you could have put a blue coat Han back into the mix to get people to buy that Han 4 times!

So dumb.

Back