Hasbro 6" Black Series Star Wars line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, I was gonna say they looked awful - the faces at least. Leia bares no resemblance IMO, Han looks like Buzz Lightyear with that jaw. Luke looks alright by the normal standard of Luke likenesses but his hair is weird.

Last edited:
Wow, I was gonna say they looked awful - the faces at least. Leia bares no resemblance IMO, Han looks like Buzz Lightyear with that jaw. Luke looks alright by the normal standard of Luke likenesses but his hair is weird.

Really, I thought they were light years ahead of when the black series first started? And for 20 quid too. Mind you I've not got any of them but the reviews looked good.

I got the Bespin Vintage Collection Han 3.75 recently and thought the head sculpt on him was really impressive too.

I couldn't tell you about the earlier ones, I don't collect this scale myself.

'Awful' was harsh of me perhaps. Ordinarily I don't have supremely high standards for facial likenesses in smaller scales - as long as the figure looks good overall - proportions, articulation as hidden as it can be etc - generally the Black Series seems to be good in these regards.

But a-dev is right regardless how horrible pre face printing versions were.

These look janky and Hasbro needs to tone down that glossy effect that comes from the face printing tech.

Nice jaw line they gave Han I forgot what that medical condition is called lol

1E6205C0-6FA9-4A47-98A9-49D02C0661A2.jpeg

Last edited:
I have a good few Hasbro figures from Marvel and Star Wars with the face printing tech. Some look amazing at this scale. I recently got Benicio from GOTG and it's insanely realistic in person.

True some of them look amazing especially for the cost look at Mace, Rey, Evans Cap, Jackman Wolverine and a few others.

But Ford and Hamill will always be a tough nut to crack I start wondering if they just don’t allow their likeness to be fully accurate on a toy for whatever weird reason.

But a-dev is right regardless how horrible pre face printing versions were.

These look janky and Hasbro needs to tone down that glossy effect that comes from the face printing tech.

The newer ones like the AOTC Anakin, Obi Wan, and Dooku have a matte finish to their face. I couldn't stand the glossy finish either so I typically clear coated the heads with matte except the eyes and lips, works really well.

You have to remember when you blow something up 10x it’s actual size it’s never going to look good. In person a lot of these newer figures look amazing for the scale.

You have to remember when you blow something up 10x it?s actual size it?s never going to look good. In person a lot of these newer figures look amazing for the scale.

Yeah people expecting 1/6 scale likeness on a 6" figure are setting standards a little high.:lol

I mean these figures have the weird "bikini crotch" for hip articulation plus "kneepads"/visible pins at the knees so it's not like these don't have a significant "toy vibe" already. A closer pic of 1/6 scale figure can still look a lot like a real living person, but these really can't, so not sure why people would be expecting it to nail HF up that close.

It's probably a credit to Hasbro that they've done such a great job on these so far that people are now expecting them to be close to a 1/6 figure.

Yeah people expecting 1/6 scale likeness on a 6" figure are setting standards a little high.:lol

I mean these figures have the weird "bikini crotch" for hip articulation plus "kneepads"/visible pins at the knees so it's not like these don't have a significant "toy vibe" already. A closer pic of 1/6 scale figure can still look a lot like a real living person, but these really can't, so not sure why people would be expecting it to nail HF up that close.

It's probably a credit to Hasbro that they've done such a great job on these so far that people are now expecting them to be close to a 1/6 figure.

All valid points, but it's fair to say that a few SHF figures still have better sculpts and production than Hasbro. Granted, it's a different price point (particularly in North America, not sure where they fall within the Japanese market) but I think ANH Luke, ROTJ Luke, IW, EG and solo film Black Widows, even their ANH Han to an extent, are waaay ahead of Hasbro offerings. I think they beat them on sculpt, paint/print execution and finish as well as materials. So it's *possible* to do really surprising work in the 6-inch scale, but Hasbro just isn't there and might not ever be if they want to keep prices down.

So it's a case of lowered expectations for the product, but perhaps not the scale, which has great potential with today's technology.

Oh man... Not another line to collect. :lol Hope they don't go too heavy into the line.

I love some of the Marvel Select figures. They are some of the best action figures out there. This will be a great line. I'll get this Fett and as always any Vader's and OT/PT Stormtroopers they make.

My wallet is crying yet again..

Back