Hasbro 6" Black Series Star Wars line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pulled the trigger on three 6 inch figures that I've had my eye on for a while. Not gonna lie, they were freaking fun to pose and look awesome on the shelf.

6series.jpg

Great choices on all 3.

The size of the shield still bums me out on that classic but it is what it is.

:gah:

bd0ec7e040fe076b145dd771846353c0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Re: Hasbro 6" Black Series Star Wars line

Great choices on all 3.

The size of the shield still bugs me on that classic but it is what it is.

Yeah but Cap definitely had the biggest initial wow factor of taking him out of the package. Man he's a striking figure in person. Can you position his arm in the classic "resting his knuckles on his hip" pose? I was going for that but his right shoulder didn't seem to want to flare out much and I was too chicken to pressure it further, lol.

Figuarts Padme is freaking tiny, lol. I've got the rest of the Joes and BS The Child on the way from BBTS. :yess: I think I'm gonna just bite the bullet and pick up BS Kenner Fett unless the Wave 3 40th anniversary set that's on the way is somehow the Kenner version but on an ESB card. Doesn't seem likely but that'll save me a ton of cash if they do...

Finally picked up a set of Figure Shields for my 40th. I only put these 3 in them because I don't the space to display them all. I recall someone mentioning that some of the bubbles were separating from the cards but thankfully none of mine have. Although if it's a common problem I don't see these shields offering any sort of protection from that.

Yeah but Cap definitely had the biggest initial wow factor of taking him out of the package. Man he's a striking figure in person. Can you position his arm in the classic "resting his knuckles on his hip" pose? I was going for that but his right shoulder didn't seem to want to flare out much and I was too chicken to pressure it further, lol.

Figuarts Padme is freaking tiny, lol. I've got the rest of the Joes and BS The Child on the way from BBTS. :yess: I think I'm gonna just bite the bullet and pick up BS Kenner Fett unless the Wave 3 40th anniversary set that's on the way is somehow the Kenner version but on an ESB card. Doesn't seem likely but that'll save me a ton of cash if they do...

Man I just bought a SW HT for less than the price of that SDCC BS Fett lol

Heh, props to your photography, at first glance I thought that was a set photo. But in perhaps a critique of the Hasbro figure, I thought, “what is that a stuntman or something? It’s def not the hero suit.” :lol

Heh, props to your photography, at first glance I thought that was a set photo. But in perhaps a critique of the Hasbro figure, I thought, “what is that a stuntman or something? It’s def not the hero suit.” :lol

Thanks lol! It's the helmet. They did a poor job with the paint job, and to a lesser extent the sculpt too.

It's that one. Yeah, it was awesome, in 2013. This line has been around for 7 years and it's still just that Boba Fett buck. Regular orange release, SDCC 2013 release, white Prototype Armor, Archive edition, SDCC 2019, Carbonized.

Do you have the recent TVC Pilot Luke? I believe he's scaled down from the 6" figure. That Pilot Luke is the best 3 3/4 Luke, hands down. His headsculpt is great too.

All of these figures are digital sculpts now. They could easily take the files of these black series figures and scale them down. The BEST 3 3/4 Boba in my opinion is this one from the Force Link 2 pack.

View attachment 484657

I got a couple of him on clearance for 4 bucks. Threw Han Solo and the flamethrower gimmick away. :lol

He has 5 points, but I don't really care about articulation, just great sculpts. If I had been running the show at Hasbro, I'd have introduced a revamped Vintage Collection line in the spirit of the vintage line. 3 3/4, from Ackbar to Zuckuss on the vintage cards. They'd all be like that Boba Fett. Perfect sculpt/proportions and superior paint apps. Basically the vintage line re-imagined. They'd be cheaper to produce too with the limited articulation. There would also be some cohesion, something Hasbro has lacked with their line for years.

Also A-dev. I'm gonna tell you again. You should grab a couple of the 6" ones. You don't have to get them all. Get a Boba and ANH Vader, or your favorite characters. They're really cool.

That Fett figure is just superb,and I was able to get a good realistic pose from it too - rifle in both hands horizontal across the crotch area. The helmet is incredibly well done for the scale.

Even the fireballs are well done - you could splice them together and use it for flames for a 1/6 figure.

Re: Hasbro legends 6" sw figures

...and people say you can't have realistic takes on animated characters...

(Apologies for the quality, can't post full resolution)
(Assuming the boxes are real, which they do look like it)

IMG_5461.jpg

Re: Hasbro legends 6" sw figures

...and people say you can't have realistic takes on animated characters...

(Apologies for the quality, can't post full resolution)
(Assuming the boxes are real, which they do look like it)

View attachment 486241

I thought the realistic take was very interesting. Definitely harder on Zeb and Ahsoka, but still was pretty cool. While I like these, I'm not sure if I'd want a realistic Ahsoka from Hot Toys, based on how this smaller scale Black Series looks.

Back