Hasbro 6" Black Series Star Wars line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got 'em all opened and took lotsa pics....

Sandy -

1STPackage_zpsb22f4898.jpg

4ST_zpsb17df433.jpg

10ST_zps05bab7df.jpg

bucktroop_zps8a56fd8e.jpg

5ST_zps1d023aca.jpg

3ST_zpse9da8f49.jpg

6ST_zps8ed67c12.jpg

8ST_zps4743ae1f.jpg

9ST_zpsed7ccf0c.jpg

I found a lone set of the 6" figures in Kmart of Gainesville, Florida and bought them all. I think I'm going to keep my R2 in the box and return it when I find a better-painted figure, but otherwise, I am completely happy. I can honestly say that after some hesitation, I am officially onboard with the 6" line. They're fantastic figures. I think Hasbro has found a winner!

Glad Freaks are loving this line. I got Sandtrooper and R2 by asking to have them brought out of the back. They only had three there. Did an employee snatch one?

The Sandtrooper I got, as much as I love him, has hard to move joints and once I've forced them, they're looser than Luke's. And I feel for Ben's broken Sandie, but happy he warned us. I was forcing the guns into his hand yesterday and will put an end to that. He's a beast otherwise and despite these shortcomings one of the coolest toys I've owned. Definitely going to need two standard stormies. Will resist the urge to get a second Sandtrooper. They're too much to buy multiples of.

Sorta regret spending $20 on R2. He doesn't look bad, especially once weathered, but he just sits there. He's not very fun to play with. I actually have mine on two legs with sensorscope. He seems less undersized that way.

Last edited:
If these figures are ridiculous to find, and then end up costing more online, I will not be getting into this line.

Can you blame them for being cautious after the ridiculousness of peg warming from Hasbro's lousy past track record? I think they'll order multiple cases after these first cases sell out the way they are.

yes and no. Whoever greenlighted TPM figures was an idiot! I think anyone with half a brain could have told Hasbro those figures would still be sitting on the shelves 30 years from then. It really was a horrible business move.

For once we must be lucky in the UK! I'm ordering mine online from Toys R Us, getting them at retail price (admittedly £19.99 another straight conversion from the dollar price to Pounds! Don't think it goes unnoticed big business... Come the day!!!)

Free delivery and you can order as many singles as you like!

My first batch are arriving Monday at work, second order should be delivered Tuesday/Wednesday.

I got so excited I bought a Fett with Carbonite Han off the Bay!!

It's fair to say I'm 110% in ;)

.....hmmmm a few more Sandies you say?

Isn't TRU charging 24.99 for these? who in their right mind would buy from them?

BBTS for the fresh case set for 79.99 + 9 shipped (no tax)(no gas and time wasted)...best deal

I have yet to see them at Tru, but it wouldn't surprise me if they raised prices. Once they see things selling good they like to increase the price.

I've been on the fence on these, but decided to pick up the first wave at BBTS. I stopped by Target yesterday, but they were already cleaned out.

Yeah, in the UK I've heard that smaller comic stores etc are looking to sell at £24.99 but TRU at the moment have them at £19.99

Like I say, that's still $31 so we're getting screwed whichever way you cut it...... but what's new?

I have noticed that behavior with Toys R Us. They did it with the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Classics and MP Optimus/Thundercracker.

Back